Tuesday 10 June 2008

Let's Make A Deal And Go To Margate

So we won last night, surprise surprise. I should have put some money on The Netherlands for if they would win, I could have earned some money! :) So yeah, of course Alice and everyone else supporting Italy weren't so happy with the final results. But I was and I have to say that my allegiance to The Netherlands is stronger than it has ever been now I'm here. Normally I would support Portugal, Spain, and Sweden for some odd reason. Also Italy, but just a bit less. But this time around I realy enjoy supporting 'my country', which is probably because I kind of miss it a b it and afterall it is my first home. So yesterday we watched with a lot of people in Woody's. A lot of people ate deserts and everything. I had this salad which was pretty big and included a lot of cheese. In the afternoon I was in Margate at the beach with Alice, Véronique and Claire. The weather was extremely nice, I was baking in the sun. However, there was a cool breeze and because of that I ended up being covered with sand all over. I had a shower after, but this morning waking up, there was sand surrounding me. Apparently there was still a lot of sand in my hair. The day before we went to Deal with Cécilia and her parents (Cécilia left early yesterday morning by car), Claire, Alice and Shirley. We visited the castle, which was a small one but still very nice, lots of small dark tunnels and sat on a terrace where the girls had a desert. We then later on had dinner together at Alice's place which as always was very pleasant. Tomorrow Penelope will leave us and Tania as well. Penelope will leave around 2 in the afternoon and we will have lunch at 12 before to say goodbye. This afternoon/evening I watched Spain against Russia and they won 4-1. I only saw the first two goals, 'cause after I went to the Gulbenkian for the very last time to watch Still Life.

No comments: