Sunday 2 December 2007

Change Of Topic

Ah, the famous Norman Bates has left me a message, thank you very much! Also thanks a lot for the link to the concert of Beirut, I'm listening to it right now. : ) So today i'm going to have lunch, or actually it will be my breakfast, because I expect everyone to bring so much food that I can't come in with an already filled stomach. We will be having lunch at Alice's luxurious kitchen and head into town to visit Canterbury's Christmas market, all to celebrate it's December, which to Alice apparently is worth celebrating. Oh, and happy birthday Nelstar, hopefully there are many more to come! I'm getting a bit panicky though about my next essay for British Cinema. Yesterday I went to the library to read the books I had borrowed on Friday morning. I thought it would be nicer to read in there instead of at home. I was all alone so it kind of felt depressing. So therefore I went out, just to have a nice walk to the library and to read the books there without being alone. Unfortunately I realised very quickly that all the books I had borrowed on Friday weren't really usable for my topic, which also made me decide to change my topic. I'm not sure if my new topic will be better, but I really have to try now before it's too late and there really isn't much time left. So yeah, therefore expect me to be busy, so I'm sorry if I can't do any MSN chat sessions or reply immediately to everyones e-mails. I really really loved reading yours Mijke. Your topic for your documentary sounds really cool. Seems like you had more freedom in choosing what you want to show then I had. After going to the library I went back home around 4 with some new books in my backpack for my new topic. Hopefully this one will work out, of not, I can still choose the same topic as Alice which I think is a lot more practical. Arriving at home I also put on another sweater, because outside it was getting a bit too cold. After something like 30 minutes I left the house again, leaving behind the books, to go to the Gulbenkian. Friday after the film Clement and I decided to meet at 5 the nest day so I could explain him what exactly a treatment is and he would show me how in his film he used some shots that were made with a steadycam they had built themselves using an example on internet, an example Euan wanted to use for our film as well. Apparently it was the same site as Clement had seen and when he made the steadycam and used it for his film it didn't really work out that well, so now we're not sure if it's good to try and build one ourselves or just shoot by hand, which will maybe turn out better. butw e can always try both. But yes, I went to meet him at the Gulbenkian to discuss all these things. We ended up discussing a lot, really making everything more clear. We came with some really awesome ideas whcih will provide our film with more clarity and now it will probably make more sense for a viewer, an outsider who isn't as involved as we are. I'm getting very excited for our film, which i think is very original. If there ever is a prize to win for originality, I think we would really stand a chance. Afterwards we walked home and I got back into my house, making myself some nice dinner. Walking home I realised I still had to do my laundry, which caused that i couldn't manage to finish the whole treatment immediately, which i hoped i could. I always have to change money at the Park Wood shop. And once again I made a mistake, thinking you could also put coins of 1 pence in the washing machines, but no, it said 1 pound. So I could not put 10 coins of 1 pence in the machine, which i needed. Therefore ahd to go to the shop a second time to get a 10 pence coin. I already went in before to change 1 pound into two of 50. However this time I was the last person in the shop and they were going to close. Because they can only open the till after someone has bought something I had no other choice then to buy something. I ended up buying a milkyway bar of something like 12 pence. So if anyone wants it, you can have it. i'm not going to eat it. But yep, then i finally could begin to dry my clothes. Later on around 11 pm I went back again to pick up all my clothes, which were dry, but completely. They were just a little bit wet, but not that much though, so no real problem. I guess it's because I also put in some sheets and towels and those are very wet when you put them in which i guess makes it harder for the other clothes to really dry. But after doing that and doing the dishes I finally could go and brush my teeth to go to bed. I was supposed to sleep a bit longer this morning, but when I put on my pc my mum started to talk to me, so now I'm sitting behind the computer feeling all tired. I'm just a little bit worried about the whole essay, even thoug I know eventually it will turn out alright. Thursday of not this week, but the one after, I will be having soemthing to hand in as always. Even if I have to work on it 24 hours the day before I will do it. Have a nice Sunday everyone. I think I'm going to lie down in bed again.

No comments: