Monday 3 December 2007

Lunch At Alice's

So yesterday we had the big lunch, which was also my breakfast as I decided not to eat anything before, because I was sure we were going to eat a lot. Alice was so sweet to have made two kinds of risotto and also some vegetables with cheese prepared in the oven. Really delicious! We started with soem fresh vegetables that Clement had brought. I really like the taste of carrots without them being cooked. Veronique had brought 'ontbijtkoek', I don't know the English word for it, and Sandra brought some Lebkuchen, typically German cookies which they mostly eat during Christmas. Nicholas had brought some clementines and nuts which we all managed to open with our bare hands. I brought some juice and 'hagelslag'. Veronique and Jan had brought some juice as well and Marion had brought her bottle of Baileys. So we all ended up bringing something with us. It seems that it's impossible to have a Sunday wthout rain as yesterday like the Sunday the week before, it was raining once again and at times it stormed a bit as well. Because of the weather, but also because everyone had to work on essays, presentations etc. we ended up not going into town, but maybe another time we will. Eventually Marion and I stayed the longest together with Alice in who's kitchen we had our breakfast/lunch. We just chatted until something like 5 pm and then the two of us also left to go and work. Today I have been working a lot as well and i will be going to work more once I am done with writing this and sending some e-mails. I was in the library all afternoon after going to the lecture of Documentary Film. For some reason this morning I was really tired and I am still now, but I have managed to repress it. So right now I'm not really feeling tired, even though i know I am. Tomorrow morning I will try and do my grocery shopping just before going to the seminar so afterwards I will be able to go to the library once again. I probably won't have to buy that many things at Tesco, because I still have bread and everythign else. Just need some juice and celementines I guess. Have a nice evening...

No comments: