Monday 24 December 2007

Was It A Dream?

Eating out was great. I had a salad with goat cheese as a starter, then had some kind of pasta dish and as a desert a brownie with ice, which was really nicely decorated! Today I've been at multiple supermakets with my mum doing grocery shopping for tomorrow, 'cause it's Christmas. I can't relaly believe it's Christmas already. Everything went so fast. And still Canterbury, it does seem like a dream a bit. The idea that Marion and her sister are still there is weird to me. And Farhad, he's still at my house, doing the things he usually does. Life there goes on while I am here, which is strange. I don't know what I will do when this academic year will be over. It will mean the end of my life in Park Wood. How will I cope, how can I survive? I have no idea. Saying goodbye to everyone will be the hardest. It was even hard right now already, even knowing in about two/three weeks we will be seeing each other again. I've made a desert today for tomorrow. I made a chocolate cake first, cut it into slices and put it in a bowl. In the middle I put some layers of ice and then in the center again some cake. I hope it will be nice. I have to finish it tomorrow. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do right now, maybe watch a movie. I don't care about regular TV anymore either, like so many before me already didn't. There are so many more interesting things to do and I rather watch a good movie instead just looking at all those channels searching for something interesting, which you probably won't find. I don't have a TV in Park Wood and I don't miss it really. I did watch some TV shows online, but I guess that's just the result of sometimes missing the country I grew up in and the only thing I can really cling onto when missing our daily customs and things only us Dutch people I guess know. Well, tomorrow's the big day. The most wonderful time of the year, or at least for some people it is. Like me I guess, I really like Christmas. It probably won't be a white one with lots of snow, too bad, but it won't spoil the fun. See ya!

No comments: