Thursday 13 December 2007

I Like Christmas

I'm about to do my laundry, hand in my essay, print one of my last bus tickets for the National Express and then go back to put everything in the dryer etc. Have to pack for London today, see what exactly I want to do, where to go. Look for some nice places to eat with the help of the really nice guide Clement had bought me when my teapot broke, with all sorts of vegetarian restaurants or places where they serve nice food for people who don't eat meat, including fish. ; ) Yesterday morning I really finished my essay and then sent an e-mail out to ask whoever wanted to come and go with me to the Christmas tree in front of the Registry where they would sing Christmas songs from 5 til 6 pm. Clement couldn't come, because he was still very busy with his essay, but Marion and Alice went with me to have a drink one hour before. Amandine was there as well who was about to have a meeting with her mentor. So we went to Mungos, because Amandine would meet her mentor in there. Marion was apparently very hungry, because she ordered a big hamburger with fries. Alice and I only had a drink, partly because in an e-mail about the Christmas thing they would serve food and drinks. However, it seemed you had to pay for them and the little pasteries they sold were with meat I think. Marion did not come to the Christmas tree with us, she doesn't like Christmas songs or the whole jolly mood. : ) I, myself, love Christmas, because it gives you this nice warm feeling and Christmas at my house is always lots of fun. I can udnerstand that some people find it all a bit stupid, with everyone pretending to be all nice and friendly all of a sudden, having family dinners etc. But I'm alright with it, I just can't wait to wake up on Christmas day knowing one of the coolest days of the year has arrived. Christmas is always somethign I really look forward to weeks before and i guess that's why I eventually always prefer winter over summer, because winter has Christmas and summer...well summer has nice things to like warm weather (if you're lucky) and maybe the chance to go for a trip to another country, but there's no guarantee. Christmas comes every year, so at least I know those two days I will have this very ncie time, whereas for summer there isn't a special time like that of which you can be sure it's going to provide for some best time fo the year. But the whole Christmas thing was quite alright. it was very cold, which you can see from looking at the grass, which is already covered with some ice. It has been like that since yesterday. Alice and I didn't know all the Christmas songs, but it was still a lot of fun trying to sing them. After having listened to some choirs we went back to the library. i had to print my essay and get some books for Documentary Film before anyone else would take them, because we have to do another essay and hand it in the 14th of January, but because of the Christmas break everyone gets to keep their books til January the 16th, including the books that are only to be borrowed for one week. So if you don't get some books now, there won't be any left. At first there were some plans to go out to The Venue. I already said not to be sure, because I was really tired and not really in the mood, but Marion and Alcie really wanted to go. However, Alice later on didn't feel too well, and scared of getting sick, she decided to stay home, not wanting to be sick once in London. So we ended up doing nothing, but apparently at the end of the night Marion was exhausted as well. Walking home to Park Wood I met Penelope who waas going back to the library to finish her essay after having had a short break. She will leave today, so we already said our goodbyes. She will come back in January, so she's staying for the rest of the year like i am, so I will definitely see her again after the break. So I'm going to do my laundry in some minutes. It's gonna be a nice day I think. Wow, tomorrow I will go to London and have a great time and then I will go home for Christmas.

No comments: