Friday 7 December 2007

My Second Home

Since noone has voted for the option to see more pictures from my house, another poll won't be necessary, because option 3 has won, you want to see more pictures from the town. So yeah, next time i'm in town I will make lots of pictures. Yesterday I again spend lots of time in the library, which has become my second home it seems. First i went to the fourth floor to study. Around 5 pm I would go and watch The Queen with clement and Alice. I came to the library around half past 2. So when Alice and Clement both arrived we went to watch the DVD in the same room where on Wednesday Marion, Clement and I had been watching A History Of Violence. I was surprised that i actually quite liekd the film, only it became rather boring at the end. When the film was in theatres i didnt want tos ee it because i didnt think the film would interest me, since I dont really care about the royal family. But the film is quite good and Hellen Mirren is amazing. But because she looks so much as the real Elizabeth you soemtimes forget you're watching an actress and therefore when she starts crying, trying to be like any other character in a film, i didn't feel really connected, engaged, but distant. At a moment like that I could have had tears in my eyes, like with a different character might have been the case, but because it was as if I was really watching the real queen i kept some distance and didn't really care. But the film was okay, not great, but just a bit more enjoyable than i thought. Afterwards we were supposed to have a meeting with Euan, or at least we expected to have a meeting. Last time we saw echt other, we didn't really make a decision whether we would meet or not. So Clement and I went to the Gulbenkian, but seemed there was some kind of performance going on, and because it was already 7 o'clock, we decided to just go to the general meeting, where Euan would probably be, if we would have a meetign at all. But he wasn't there and because this meetign was going to be boring and just some kind of recap of how things went so far, we left early, which was a bit unpolite, just leaving the room like that, but we had to, we have better things to do. So Clement and I went back to the fourth floor to join Alice who was still sitting in front of her laptop working hard. Clement was the first to leave, as he will be goign to Paris today to attend the screening of his own short film. On Monday he will be back here in Canterbury. So he went back home to have a good night rest. I was the next one to leave. I left around 10 pm, feeling really tired. So i said goodbye to Alice who stayed and would try to do some more work. At home I went to bed as fats as I could after brushing my teeth etc. I'm still a bit tired right now. Today we have our last seminar of British Cinema. Finally. I wonder what it will be like. :)

No comments: