Saturday 22 December 2007

Flying Home For Christmas

So I'm sitting here at my own kitchen table at home, looking out over our own garden. It's still a bit surreal. The thought that Marion is still in Park Wood is like part of a dream when I think about it. I'm not sure if I'm able to end up writing about the days in London, because Christmas etc. is coming, it's gonna be so busy. And, I'm planning to meet up with you guys and make a visit and then I will tell you all about it in person, 'cause I'm back! Have to say it's even colder here than in London and Canterbury. Came back yesterday. Wanted to wake up at 7 but woke up at 9. Night before Marion, her sister Charlotte, who has a lovely bush of blonde curls, and I had to walk home from Canterbury town after going to see Patrick Wolf. The coach didn't stop at Keynes. So I went to bed maybe at around 3am and I guess I didn't hear my alarm clock. But it was no problem. i would take my bus to town at 10.35. And I didn't have to pack a lot of things, everything I have here at home, in this luxurious 'hotel'. 'Cause that's what it kind of seems like. Looking at everything I feel priviliged to have all these things. Our house looks so big all of a sudden, the kitchen, the garden. Even the water coming from the tap, it's so different. Here it comes running out of it so fast and so much, and in my house in Park Wood it's just a little stream. I have to get used to everything again. I feel like I have walked back into my life of luxury, which never seemed so luxurious, but now it does. I was in London at 2 pm. At something like 3 pm I was at heathrow and then maybe an hour later I sat in a restaurant drinking a smoothie. I had to wait 'til around 5 pm to go and check-in. That ended up being some time later. Eventually my flight was at 9.30 pm instead of 7.40. We had to wait in the plane for an hour and a half before we flew away. The waiting was even longer than the flight itself, which is just 40 minutes. Well... so I'm home. Tomorrow I'm going to have dinner with my parents and brother. Apparently my parents are already married for 30 years, so we're goign to celebrate it a little. It's Saturday, weekend. Life has changed.

No comments: