Friday 21 September 2007

10.15 instead of 10.30

So Alice and I tried to pull a joke yesterday, on Clément. There was a meeting for first year Film Studies students, Tamar our co-ordinator, said would be good for us to attend, because it's also our first year at Kent and we don't really know how things go yet. But the night before we went to the high school party, but Alice and I left early. Clément was somewhere on the dancefloor with Claudia, so we had to send a text message to let him know where and at what time we would meet up the following day. Because Clément is sometimes late, we thought it would be fun to tell him to come at 10.15 when the actual meeting was at 10.30 at the reception. First I said, let's tell him 10.00, but Alice thought that would go a little bit too far. : ) So then I agreed, 10.15. Luckily, the next day, Clément was on time and he was there at 10.10, and the poor guy had to wait. And I heard that when Alicie came she just pretended nothing was wrong and she was just on time like always. But it was really fun and it obviously worked, 'cause I think Clément was a bit mad at first. He kept playing with his telephone and wasn't saying much as we walked to Keynes College. So when we were there I kept asking Alice, is he mad? So then I went and asked Clément himself. And he said his feelings got a bit hurt. But gradually everything was alright again and I spend the whole afternoon with him, so we're still friends. And last night at the pizza party, which sounds great with a French accent by the way, he even told us it was really funny. But yeah, so yesterday we first had coffee at the Gulbenkian theatre. I also had a sandwich, 'cause I was hungry and Clément ate a salad. And then we went to look at all the groups, 'cause it was Freshers fair. And that means all the different student groups hand out information and try to promote their group. We asked to send us more information about a group about politics, drama, film (of course), vegetarianism, blood donating, creative writing. Really a lot. But there were the strangest groups and we're not used to seeing that at all. There even was a fairy group. Some girls were all dresed up as fairies. And I don't know what you'll do when you join them, but I'm afraid they really going to run through Park Wood trying to cast spells on everyone and enchanting people. The English really can be crazy. We also went to the European Office. I decided to just pick the two courses i wanted to take, without waiting for the UvA's approval. 'Cause if those courses can't be part of my minor I can still do them as 'keuzevak', so a course of which i myself can totally decide on my own which course it's going to be. My minor I can always still finish the second term. But the weird thing is that we sometimes get told a course is already full and then when we later on come back, the course suddenly is available again. So we're not sure what to think. Then later on that night we met again to go to The Simpsons Movie. And we didn't expect it, but it was actually really really funny. The whole room kept laughing and so was I. it was a really long time since I watched The Simpsons. But it was a free screening so a lot of people came. I think it even was sold out. And afterwards we went to the pizza party at Veronique's place. We had to bring our own pizza, but I'm not sure who ate mine. All i know is that it wasn't me. But I ended up eating maybe one whole pizza by myself. So I was pretty full at the end. In a few minutes I'll go to Alice's place. There will be a breakfast, and everyone, or at least a lot of people, will be there. I guess it's going to be another fun day, as usual!

No comments: