Thursday 27 September 2007

My Mentor Is The Coolest

Tuesday night Marion came with the great idea to head to the library early Wednesday morning to study all day long. I ended up not studing at all, but just coping some chapters of books we needed to read. Well, actually it was Clement who did most of the copying for me, which was really really nice, since I had to meet my mentor James. At 3.15 we met in front of the library, He was a bit late, maybe ten minutes, but I didn't really care. He had sent me a text message saying he would wear a black jacket and white T-short. So as I was waiting I looked at everyone walking by thinking, hmm, no that ain't a white T or yep, that's a white T right there, but no black jacket, or is it? But then finally I saw a guy walking towards the library wearing the exact outfit that was described in the message. And so I met James or Jimmy as I guess friends like to call him. I was really glad to finally meet him in person and he really is a cool guy, very relaxed and friendly. We went to drink soemthing at Darwin college. Overall i did feel kind of weird, because I wasn't sure how to act. he's only 21, but because he is my 'mentor' I had the tention to kind of look at him differently, as someone in a higher position or something. But we talked for over two hours straight. It was really ncie. He told me about his experiences of Amsterdam and told me about some cool things to do in Londona nd Canterbury. He lives at home again, not at campus, but he has his own car with which he drives to university. Today he has his first lecture and he stayed at a friend's house. But he was really cool. He told me he went to Rock Werchter after I had asked him about concerts and festivals in London. It's cool he also seems to be into this rock band, while also liking trance and electro. What most caught my eye was his smooth walk, lol. He wore this really cool jacket. I thought it was real funny. But yeah, I guess I definitely have the coolest mentor. He isn't someone you would expect to go and be a mentor. We definitely keep in touch and if something goes wrong or I have any questions I will ask him for help. We left to Darwin at maybe 3.30 and returned to the library around 6. That afternoon i also had lunch in the Gulbenkian theatre, which was nice, I had a big salad, like Marion and Clement, but which is something we shouldn't do to often, because it can become quite expensive to eat out every day. So from next week I will make my own bread and take it with me in a plastic bag. When I got back in the library, Clement anlready left and he had made all the copies of the books I didn't got the chance to do myself. You see how nice that is of him to do. I will pay you back though! Marion was still there and after she had taken her French book with her we lheaded to Park Wood. i did some quick cooking, which didn't turn out alright, since I had added to much water with the rice. So I had to improvise and decided to throw everything into a pan. Eventually it turned out to be pretty good. At 8 I was supposed to go to salsa, but I really didnt'want to go. Can you imagine me doing salsa? I can't and I don't want to either. So Clement and i decided to just go to Marion's house, who would make us some nice dinner. I had already eaten, but that wasn't a problem, since she made some vegetables. So nothing heavy on the stomach. As a desert we got apple in lemon juice with sugar. She made it in the oven and it was really really nice. Maybe I will try to make that as well one day. Later on Alice came, but we didn't stay that long anymroe since we were all a bit tired. So today I have my second lecture. This time about British Cinema. I hope it will be interesting. At least I don't know so much about British Cinema, so there's not a big chance that the things they will tell I already know. Today I\m going to subscribe for an audition for a play by the drama society. I wodner if it's still possible to subscribe, but we will see.

No comments: