Thursday 20 September 2007

So How Am I Doing?

So far everything has been great, I made a lot of new friends, keep meeting new interesting people everyday, whether through friends or just by myself when I'm at a free buffet or standing in line for the bar, people seem to keep talking to each other and you come to meet people every night. So yesterday i met two Dutch girls who are also both from the UvA. i spoke Anne last night and she was also pretty surprised, 'cause at the UvA they told her there wasn't anyone going to Canterbury, and now all of a sudden we're with the four of us. So it's quite strange. But I really like it here and just like when I arrived into my room in Rutherford, I have immediately felt at home in Park Wood. It's so nice to be around people from your own age all the time and there are a lot of 19/20/21-years olds, which I myself am not very used to. And I know age isn't such a big thing, but at the end of the day it is nice to have people of the same age around, 'cause you feel like you're kind of in the same state. You still like to hang out and do fun things, as where some older people don't always have that need anymore. But I really enjoy it here, cause you feel more free and independent, this is my own life which my parents know nothing about so far. I've managed to find my own place and I really succeeded in doing so. And nomatter what I tell about everyhting, just like I do in this blog, I'm the only one here that really knows what's going on. I can do whatever I want, see whoever I want. I do miss everyone though, but I guess I miss Feroz a bit more, sorry! The only thing I have to do is try and read the news more, because I have no idea what's going on in the world. Don't miss the TV at all, though. Yesterday I got home pretty early again, I guess we all have become a bit tired and aren't really in the mood anymore to go to a party every single night. Yesterday we did go, but the party was really stupid. There was this back to school theme, and all the English people dressed up in their old school uniforms. They just looked ridiculous. And some girls wore really small shorts, that made me think if you wore that at school how come they ever accepted you in University. Also the music was pretty bad, it was really like a school party. In the afternoon I had lunch at Clements's place together with Marion and some of Clements housemates and other friends. I have to say that I don't mind to have some moments all by myself anymore. Last week I didn't really like to be alone in my room, I wanted to do stuff all the time and hang out, but right now I don't really care anymore. And with the knowledge that I have a meeting with friends later on, I don't have to be around people all the time. But Clement made pasta, which you can see in the pictures. He also made some vegetables which were really nice. Last night, however, we didn't really have dinner. There was a free buffet, but they only had some little snacks, like little sandwiches. It was nice, but you had to make sure not to mix the sweet stuff with the rest too much, or else you couldend up sick. But in the afternoon I spent most of my time talking to Marion and Clement, as the others all left to go on a tour through Canterbury. At first I was also going, but I had cancelled some of the events, as in the first week i already went to the centre and I didn't really find it necessary to take a whole tour. But the afternoon was really nice, it was just relaxed, no pressure. Just talking. I guess we were also al a bit lazy, because I actually had to go to the centre, just like Marion, but I didn't feel like going all the way down there by bus and be around people shopping. I just wanted to have a nice calm day. So then later on we all went back to our own place and met up at the reception to go to the buffet together. Right now there's a cleaner in our house, she will come by every week to just clean the kitchen and I guess also toilets and everything. Only our own rooms we have to do ourselves. I have to go to a meeting in an hour with Alice and Clement for our Film Studies, so that's why i'm already awake and ready. I made some new pictures, so you can all look at them. Enjoy!

No comments: