Saturday 22 September 2007

Ate to much

I ate way too much yesterday. i know it's my own fault, but it was not good. Because the day before yesterday, at the pizza party, ate like one whole pizza all by myself and when I did it was already maybe, past 10/11 pm. So that isn't good. But because we had breakfast at Alice's hosue the next morning, I couldn't resist to eat again. And for some reason, I feel very hungry, and I can't get the feeling of being full. I have that also sometimes at home, but it's always a phase and then it passes over. I guess the same will happen here. But I ate like four pieces of bread and a cookie. I know, it doesn't sound like much, but to me it is. And I ate them with cheese, peanutbutter, jam and Nutella, you know the chocolate. Alice made real Italian coffee, which tasted very good, much better than the coffee they serve at campus and everywhere else in Canterbury. Sandra and Marion were there also, as were Marion's housemate and two of Alice's. Someone else was supposed to be there as well, but he woke up around 11 am and the breakfast started at 10. I don't have to say who it was, as anyone would already know who it was, but to be correct, it was of course Clement. : ) And yes, later on he also was late at two other meetings. Don't you ever learn? But no, it's funny. And I know you're trying to be on time, so don't worry. It's not such a big problem. But the breakfast was good and together with Marion, Alice, and Clement, who we met at the reception, I went to the sports fare, to see what sport groups we could join. We got ourselves some information about fencing, canoe-ing, trampoline jumping (i know lol), surfing, boxing, mountaineering, volleybal, and so on. There's also the ultimate frisbee club, and everyone seems to think i really, really want to join that group, but I don't. I just think it's so ridiculous as they also have real competitions and the guy who explained it to us, was so enthusiastic. We met him the night before, and he's so funny to watch. But I'm not sure about the frisbeeing, I don't want my head to get hit. :p Afterwards we decided to also have lunch at Alice upperclass loft. She wnated to make us some risotto. As you can see on the pictures, it didn't only taste good, but also looked really good. I love rice, so risotto is perfect for me. We also had some tomatoes. I ate another piece of bread with the tomatoes and some cheese. Then later on Sandra brought some chocolate. We had another glass of Italian coffee and I had two little pices of milk choclate, a cookie and a sort of little caramel chocolate cake thingy. So I found that already to be a lot. Clement decided to go home as did Sandra. She did her laundry, or as we have to pronounce it: loooooooooooondry. You know, witht he long oooooooo. Else, it appears that the people at the reception won't understand as both Sandra and Alice had experienced. After me and Alice tried to give Marion and Clement some English pronounciation lessons, trying to explain the difference in sound with words as 'hungry' and 'angry'. And 'totaly' without placing the stress at the end, as in the French 'totalité'. Another problem is that they speak to sweet. You know, with the r sound. Their voice has to be brought back down as it is way to up. They use a lot of breathing that sounds through too much. So they have to get the: urghhh-sound. Down, down. But after that I went to the center with Alice and Marion. I bought another pan at Wilkinson and also a thing to make orange juice with, which is simply called a juicer. I had no idea. I was explaining the boy that works there what I meant, saying: you know, the thing you can make orange juice with, you have to squeeze etc. And he was like: oh a juicer, just follow me, it's right here. I also bought one for Clement as he was looking for one, but couldn't find it. And it was so funny, because later on that night Clement mentioned how much he likes it when Alice describes things. And I so had to laugh, because thinking about it, it's just so true. I like it as well, when you do that Alice. You knwo the whole: what is it? Help me explain. You know the thing where..... It's so great. And poor you, because it was so hard to explain that you needed the star shaped thing to put over the thing where you can cook stuff on, because the gap is too big for some pans and in your case your coffeemaker thing, which I also used to have at my hosue when I was little. Then we went on to Tesco. I bought some fruit, because I like fruit and some vegetables that you can keep in the freezer. Then we went back home and set a time to meet again. We decided to meet at 9 pm at the reception. It was just enought time for me to cook and fold my clothes. Other than my housemates I immediately dry off when I have done the dishes. It would be good for them to do the same as I sometimes don't know which cups and mugs are from which person. I took a picture of Patricia and Farrad by the way, you can see them here. But i made rice with carrots, red peper/paprika and courgette. It was realy good and I had some left so i asked Farrad if he still wanted some vegetables and he did. So I didnt have to trow those away, which would be a real pity. At night we went to a pub downtown. I drank some red wine, which made me feel even more tired than i already was. We came by bus and also went back by bus. Then we wanted to go to Woody's bar also, but the bar was already closed, you couldn't order any more drinks. And because Marion, Heidi and Marina already left, Fabian, Alice, Clement and me, decided to do the same thing and go home. Now I'm going to finish my tea. We're going to a little film festival. Hopefully it's interesting.

1 comment:

Mijke said...

Hey Daan,

Wat kan jij lange blogs schrijven, maar het is wel erg leuk om te lezen. Je wil volgens mij daar nooit meer weg. Nou...snif snif... het ga je goed dan en we zullen aan je denken hier in Amsterdam.

Ik lees vrolijk door.

gr Mijke