Friday 28 September 2007

Fed Up

After watching the last 45 minutes of Last Days, I went to Eliot college to meet up with Clément. I was a bit late though, like I also was at the first Kent Film Union meeting. We would meet at 6.45, but I think I showed up 7 minutes late. Sorry, but I was still busy doing things, I couldn't help it. But at Eliot College yesterday morning I signed up for one of the auditions for a play of the Drama Society. Clément at first decided not to go, but last night he eventually also put his name on the list, so now we will have the audition together. I have no idea of how it will go, but I guess it will turn out alright. After signing up we went to pay our 5 pounds for the Film society and I also had to pay my accommodation. I was first and everything was okay, but then Clément came to the desk next to mine and started saying he came to pay the 5 pounds for the Film Society. But the woman at the desk didn't get it all. She thought he wanted to pay his tuition fees of some thousands pounds. So we were like, no, it's for the Film Society, but they still didn't get it. Then a guy came and he said the same thing and finally thet were like, oh, then I don't think you guys should play here. So stupid. So on our way to pay we met Simone and she told us we could go to the Kent Union next to the campus shops. So we went and were told we had to go to the Mandela building to pay. We also had to ask about the boxing class, if there was another day to go, because we had class 'til 5 pm and the boxing starts at 4.30. So we got the e-mail address of Ben the guy who arranges everything. Later on I send an e-mail and there's a class also for today he told in the e-mail, so today we're going. But then we went to the Mandela building and the guy there told us we had to have our order number that was given through us online, but we didn't print it out. So the guy made a call and he told us we could print them out at the Kent Union. A guy with long hair helped us. He was the real 'surfer dude' type and spoke pretty strange. I had to listen really close to understand what he said. But he told me to fill in something, but I was convinced that i filled it in before, so Clément and I just decided to do things our own way, since we were the ones who knew what we were looking for. Then we tried to print and a woman came to help us. But for some reason the printer didn't work. So after trying to get or order numbers and trying to figure everything out, they told us we had to use a different computer instead. So we went to the library and eventually decided to just pay online, instead of in cash. So that morning we both were really fed up with everything and I felt frustrated. We both had not eaten anything yet, so we went to the Gulbenkian Theatre. Luckily there was a long cue, because it's very expensive to eat there, so it's better to go somewhere else and because of the long cue we did and went just to the shop. We bought nice sandwiches for not too much money. And for the first time I felt a bit full after eating. The paninis and bagels at the Gulbenkian just aren't enough. Then we had our British Cinema class. The whole lecture room was filled with people. A big difference with Documentary Film. The course seems pretty interesting and raises questions about what you think a British film is and why. Afterwards we went back to Park Wood and later on I met Sandra, Nicholas and Clément at the reception to go to the Film meeting. We get to make our own movie. They will put is in separate groups. We all had to write down what you find most interesting to do. I wrote down, writing, acting and directing. Next week we will meet again and by then we will know to which group we will belong to. Then I went home again and talked on MSN to you mama and papa. Good you both know now how to use MSN! : ) I also spoke to Marya and Hakima. Really cool to have spoken to you two again. I hadn't spoken to you for quite a while. But now I have to leave, else I'll be late again and Alice told me she didn't wnat to wait.

No comments: