Tuesday 20 May 2008

Back To London

So I went to London yesterday with Dennis. We took the coach from 9.05 am and arrived two hours later. We both didn't have exact plans as we were fine with doing anything as long as it's fun. There was this gallery we were both interested in to attend though, so we went with the underground to Leicester Square to have a look at the photographer's gallery. It w s very interesting and cool, but there was a big minus, there are only two big rooms. So we were done looking at the photo's much faster than expected. But the exposition was very interesting. It was called 'Once More, With Feeling' and showed recent photography from Colombia. Apart from photography some of the artists used video. A very interesting collection I found the photos taken by Milena Bonilla who traveled around Colombia and on her way stitched train seats and other things needed to be stitched as part of a process of healing. After the gallery we went into Chinatown to have lunch. I don't remember the place but it was good and pretty crowded. I had some vegetable soup and Dennis soup with crab, which seemed to be very thick and left him for a while with a fishy taste in his mouth. He also had some duck and vegetables with a bowl of rice. The rice which I also tasted was really nice. After lunch we started walking a bit and went into a couple of shops just to have a look. Then we decided to visit The British Museum where I had never been before. I did go to The National Gallery though. But The British Museum is huge. There are a lot of different rooms showing pieces from many years before Christ and ranging from early Egypt to Europe. There was also this room which showed how some tribes deal with spirits and festivities. Apart from all the objects there was also a room with drawings. In this special exposition called The American Scene, prints from artists like Jackson Pollock and Edward Hopper. Of all I always like drawings and paintings the most. There was also this room with some prints from Korean artists which was pretty cool, but way too small. We then wanted to go for a drink. Dennis at first suggested Starbucks where he ususally gets his coffee which he also got his coffee before getting on in the coach. But he was open to a change so we went somewhere else and ended up in Itsu, this place I had seen before but never entered. But it's great and so me. They have frozen yoghurt, sushi and other healthy things :) We both had a sushi pack and a plastic cup of frozen yoghurt. I had some with strawberries on top, a good combination, while Dennis's yoghurt was sprinkled with pices of chocolate, but according to him this didn't make such a good combo. But I definitely enjoyed both the sushi and the yoghurt and if there was a Itsu here in Canterbury I would be sitting there right now, but unfortunately there isn't, so I'll stick to EAT. In Itsu we sat for quite a long while just talking and by the time we left it was already time to make our way to the coach station. Dennis still had to get his return ticket and because we expected a long line of people we went there a bit early. On the way I bought a smoothie, which was very good. I love fruit and smoothies are delicious. The coach stopped at Keynes college thanks to Dennis who took a ticket which would stop at the university. I still have not figured out how to do that online, but when you buy one at the station you can just ask the person behind the counter to get one for you. Once home I ate an orange and that was enough for the day. On the coach to London I already ate two small wraps as well which I bought at Starbucks. This morning Dennis and I played squash which was so much fun. He does really like to make me run though. In some minutes I will go to Penelope and VĂ©ronique's place. The girls made some apple pie!

No comments: