Monday 26 May 2008

Goodbye, Lunch, Dinner

I didn't manage to post anything yesterday, sorry for that. I was in Alice's kitchen all day and this early morning having lunch and dinner with all my friends who are still here. One of them left on Saturday some mintes after 10 pm. I didn't do anything all day, partly because of the sleepless night I had, but also because I felt like there was nothing I could really do. Magali celebrated her birthday that night, though her birthday was yesterday. Marion was going to be at the birthday party as well just two hours before she would leave. Magali had her party at Tania's place. I got there with Véronique. We were supposed to do a drink at her place before to say goodbye to Marion, but at the last minyte Marion had to go to the library, so the meeting was cancelled but I had not gotten the message before. So I came at Véronique's place expecting everyone to be there and then got to hear we would meet everyone at Magali's birthday. I was already late at Véronique's place as I found it hard having to say goodbye and it wasn't at all something I looked forward to in doing, so I rather came a bit late just so to postpone it all a bit. So when I got there I kind of felt it was a bit useless and I now had to wait like half an hour before going to Tania's place. But at 8 we went and Alice and Sandra arrived pretty soon as well after us. I went to write a message on the flag Magali bought to take home with her later on when she will leave and Alice and Sandra did the same. Then around 8.30 Marion arrived and Heidi and Amandine who arrived a bit earlier was there as well. The mood kind of changed of course and when Marion said she was going to leave Alice, Heidi, Véronique, Amandine, Sandra and I decided to walk into town with her to say goodbye at the busstation. Magali would continue her party in Studio 41 in town later, but we didn't anymore eventually. That night was also the night of the summer ball, which almost none of the people I know attended because the price for the tickets was something like 45 pounds and that didn't even include food or drinks. Performances were there of The Wombats and The Vengaboys (yes, they're back) and some others. Eventually in town we said goodbye to Marion. The bus was late, which I don't think any of us really had a problem with. It was a pretty sad and strange occasion. It has been 9 months. I then also said goobye to Heidi who lefte arly yesterday morning. Amandine and Heidi went back home on foot while Sandra, Alice and I took the bus. Véronique left earlier before. Yesterday was Alice's lunch and in the morning at 10 I met up with Dennis and Sandra to play squash, which was a great way to get my mind off of things. In the morning I baked a big bread filled with courgette, tomatoes etc. So I kept myself pretty busy. We played squash until something after 11.30. Dennis won all the time, I need to practice more! The lunch was great, everyone was there, from Jan to Jasmine. There was so much food. Véronique had made three kinds of different cakes or even four. Casey had made this vegetarian chilli, which was delicious. He makes great things. Love his food. Jasmine made some spring rolls as well, which were really nice. I like spring rolls. I ate a lot, a LOT! Even had some ice-cream that Sandra had brought with her. I was supposed to go see Brian De Palma's Redacted at 8.50, but everyone wanted me to stay as we would be goign to have dinner. Around that time only Sandra, Cécilia, Dennis, Véronique and Penelope were still left. We had some soup with bread and some courgette as well. Véronique made some fruit salad, which I liked and made Alice realize these little things of me that bother her :D Eventually it were just Dennis and I who were left and around 3 we also went back home. Tomorrow Sandra will leave, we will meet up in Alice's kitchen at 8 to do a small farewell. Slowly the group gets smaller and smaller.

No comments: