Wednesday 14 May 2008

Two Films

I saw two films yesterday. First I saw Mister Lonely at the Gulbenkian together with Amandine, which started at 6.50 and lasted until around 9. Then after Amandine wanted to see another film so I ended up watching The Nightmare Before Christmas at her place. I bought the DVD a while ago for 3,99. I couldn't really remember it. I think I saw it as a child when it was played on TV, but I don't know if I saw all of it or just parts. Because Marion loves the film we asked her if she wanted to join as she already mentioned before that she would like to watch it together. So we watched it at Amandine's place and it's so good. I love the stop-motion technique. The puppets are so nice and it's cool to see how they made the film. The story is really good as well, but especially the songs are amazing. And Danny Elfman, who composed the music and wrote the songs has a very good singing voice it appears. It's he who sings the songs of main character Jack. He doesn't do his speaking voice though. Mister Lonely by the way was very interesting. It's definitely different, but I liked it. Some people walked away, so that's proof it's not for everybody. But I liked it, it thought it had some really good moments and if I had not liked it I still would have kept watching just for Samantha Morton cause as always she gives a very solid performance. Watching her act is really useful. Before watching the films I was lying in the grass behind Keynes college, probably the last time, 'cause the weather changed today. And already yesterday it was less hot. I finished reading Blood Wedding, this play by Federico Garcia Lorca and listened to my Ipod. There was absolutely noone around, so I was lying in the grass, or actually I was surrounded by these kind of flowers, all by myself. Today I had the drawing class again. I made four drawings, two of them I really like. Seems I kind of have fallen in love again with Young Love, this band/project of singer Dan Keyes who used to be one of the members of this group Recover. You can here Discotech in the music player. I've known Young Love for quite a while and the song is pretty old, but it's still really good.

No comments: