Tuesday 13 May 2008

Be Kind

Last night I went to see Be Kind Rewind with Véronique and Marion at the Gulbenkian. The film was okay, I kind of have mixed feelings. Eternal Sunshine was a very intelligent kind of film. The Science Of Sleep feels just very fresh and imaginative and overall it's just a really sweet film with two very nice characters. This one however felt a bit too easy, a bit too family friendly, a bit childish even at times. I don't know, maybe if I see it again I will enjoy it more. There was just something that happened, which is crucial for the whole plot which I thought was too unrealistic and over the top. Eternal Sunshine isn't that realistic either, but the whole erasing of the mind thing soudns like something which could be possible. It has that what if...? aspect which keeps it interesting. I felt this one was a bit simple. What I enjoyed the most were some of the characters especially those played by Danny Glover, Mia Farrow and Melonie Diaz. Mos Def was cool as well as was Jack Black, though with Black I seem to like him less and less. In School Of Rock he was great. It worked. But lately in his other films I see too much repetition. He kind of becomes to be no longer funny. So see Be Kind Rewind yourself and judge it. You might like it you might not. But as expected with Michel Gondry, this film also features a lot of inventive things to enjoy even when you don't really like the story. During the day I went to lie in the grass somewhere behind Keynes College bus station. I went together with Véronique and Penelope and we were later joined by Alice. I listened to music made some pictures, one with my polaroid camera, and enjoyed the warm sun. Today it seems to be less sunny :( Well, we'll see if it changes. But i knew it one day would end, it can't be shiny everyday.

No comments: