Wednesday 7 May 2008

Outside In The Sun

Last night I watched The Assassination Of Richard Nixon, which was pretty good and features a very strong performance by Sean Penn. Overall it does remind of Taxi Driver, but that's not really a bad thing though. For the past couple of days the weather has been outstanding. It's summer in Canterbury. You can go outside lie in the sun, bake, no need for long sleeves etc. You can get all your T-shirts, skirts, or whatever you wear on a usual hot summer day, out of your wardrobe, because the sun is shining all day and the sky is light blue, without one cloud in sight. Yesterday I went to Tesco to do some grocery shopping and I happened to buy quite a lot of stuff. I needed bread, because I had nothing left, so i felt I needed to go. But I also bought some kiwi's, grapes, oranges and other things. So I left the shop with a full backpack and one plastic bag in my hand. The plan was to go and sit in the parc, but because I happened to buy so many things I needed to get them back home. When I got back home I decided to sit in the grass read a book and listen to my Ipod. Victoria and Stuart were sitting outside as well, busy studying, as were a lot of our neighbours. With weather like this almost everyone is outside and I all of a sudden get to see who are living int he houses next to mine. And I'm quite sursprised that I know some of the people, but I just had no idea they were living next to us. After some minutes I received a message from Alice asking me if I wanted to join her and Sandra in the sports centre. I had no idea what they were going to do, though I feared something like aerobics. But I decided to just say yes and go with them as I had not seen Sandra for quite some time and I wanted to do something fun with friends. As I expected we did this sort of step class in combination with some other things as well. It was called 20/20/20. Meaning three different kind of excercises all lasting 20 minutes. It was okay. I don't really get warm by doing it and afterwards I didn't feel like I really did something. I definitely need something like the circuits training to really feel like I've done something. Unfortunately there's only a short circuits of 40 minutes right now on Monday afternoon. But it's the end of the year so I understand. I have no real plans yet for tomorrow. I will go brush my teeth and everything right now. I want to go to bed early. This afternoon I spent some wonderful time in the grass. Life is sweet with weather like this.

No comments: