Friday 30 May 2008

A Lesser Party Due To Campus Watch

The lovely Amandine will leave tomorrow. We went to London today together with Dennis. It was really cool, but now I start realizing again that the end is getting so near. I don't want any more people to leave :( Last night I went into town with Véronique who had to go to Tesco to buy some stuff. I went with her just to hang out. The weather was not good though. We wanted to pick up Amandine, but turned out she already went into town so we went with the bus and later managed to meet up. Before that we got to Tesco in the rain. I only bought some bagels which were reduced in price and then called Amandine to ask where she was. She was in the H&M trying on some clothes so Véronique and I went looking for her. She was on the first floor in one of the fitting rooms. We then went to Zavvi where Amandine had to buy some DVD's to complete her collection :) The last couple of days she has been buying a lot of stuff to bring back to France, just today she bought some muffins from Starbucks for her mother to try and she even bought some fish & chips for her dad who will pick her up early tomorrow! At Starbucks I had this mango fruit blast kind of thing, similar to what they have in EAT. The girls had a coffee and Amandine had a muffin and I had this oat bar kind of thing with some milk chocolate on the side. Amandine then went to Tesco and Véro and I went home. Around 8.30 I went to her and Penelope's place to get ready for the party. We made some space in the kitchen and got everything set. Then Alice arrived, Dennis, Amandine, Jasmine, the whole bunch and the party could start. However, because of campus watch we couldn't play the music too loud. In Claudia's house there was another party going on and apparently campus watch stopped by already to warn them. But we managed to not get any fines, so we were doing okay. But not until the end did we really end up dancing a bit. So it was kind of the first time for me that I just stood talking instead of dancing around all night long. So yeah, when we want to dance we either way have to go to The Venue or into town, or maybe just at Mungos or some other place at campus. But I still had a great time. I try to enjoy spending time with everyone still here as much as possible. It's all very hard having fun here with friends, missing friends who already left and gradually starting to miss some things from home. It's all so much. I would like to go back home and be part of the life of my parents and brother again, but at the same time I don't want to give up my Canterbury life. It's been so great. I'm going to miss everything about it. :(

No comments: