Saturday 31 May 2008

London's Always Nice

Woke up around 4.45 yesterday morning to make sure I would be ready at 6. Amandine was going to pick me up and then the two of us would drop by at Dennis' (and Marion's) place to walk into town and take the coach of 7.10! We were perfectly on time so Dennis decided to have a coffee, 'cause Starbucks wasn't open yet and he also ate the Mc breakfast. I had eaten just a little bit and was alright so I didn't order anything, same for Amandine. In the bus it was alright, not that crowded but the seats in the back where already occupied by someone. Not cool. I like them the best because you have more space for the legs. This is probably the first time I went to London without using the underground while being there. We walked to everywhere that we went and as you walk you figure out that this and that building, park, bridge etc. isn't that far from this and that place. People happen to take the underground very easily, making several stops as if everything is so far away from each other, but it's not at all actually. Dennis came along mainly to change his shoes at Timbaland, he bought the wrong size. He ddn't fit them, because they are exactly the same shoes he already had, he just needed a new pair. We didn't really do that much, meaning, we didn't come with a real purpose. Only thing Amandine really wanted to do was going to Hamleys and buy a bear for her mother who collects them. Little did I know that I would end up buying one as well. It looked at me and I guess because of the vulnerable state I find myself in these last couple of days I couldn't leave it and had to buy it. His name is Toby (yes he has a name, I know, I'm 21!). But I will probably give it as a gift, I'm too old you know, even though at times I'm still such a little boy. So I bought Toby and Amandine bought the bear for her mum. We then went on to Carnaby street where we went into another shoe store and to the Converse store, which for me is paradise. I didn't buy anything though, I'm really bad when it comes to spending money. That's why I can't believe I bought the bear! :) Because I felt like eating :p we went to Itsu! My new favourite place. They need to build one in my town :D The products they sell are so nice, frozen yoghurt and different kinds of sushi and salads, YUM! I had this frozen yoghurt with different kinds of fruit and squares of sushi filled with avocado. Dennis had some sushi as well as a very tasty and cool drink. Amandine had this salad and some fresh fruit. Before though she also bought a quiche Lorraine. We stayed there for a while until we went on walking, which brought us to this great place inside London Trocadero where I had been before. They have a cinema called CineWorld and a an arcade center where you can play tons of games and even bowl. Amandine bought this figure of an anime series for her brither at a store where they sell a lot of Manga and anime related stuff. Overall the place is very Japanese like where they have a lot of arcade halls like here. Before we also went to Chinatown, or maybe it was after, I don't really remember. But we went there and visited some shops where they sell candy and other sweet things. So nice. I bought just this small biscuit kind of thing which had chocolate in it and some seeds, really tasty! So we had a lot of fun just walking around, very nice and relaxing. It's fun to just have a day out like that. The coach back however was packed! Not fun at all. I didn't expect that many people at just 4.30! After getting back into Canterbury, Dennis bought some Haribo, the starmix. He however only eats the yellow and orange gummy bears. The rest he doesn't like. And Amandine she bought some fish & chips for her dad to taste. I hope it's still good though. Then we walked back and at 10 pm we met up in Amandine's kitchen to have a last tea with her together with Alice, Véronique and Penelope. Dennis and I were there as well and Jasmine arrived a bit later. We had a piece of chocolate cake that Véro made. But seriously, no more cakes please! We've been eating a piece almost every day this week. It's not good. Then we all had to say goodbye to Amandine. I hope she is alright. It's a long trip from here to Clermont Ferrand from here. And all that by car. She left 9 or 10 am this morning and will arrive home around 10 pm. So yes, that's a long trip and today, especially this morning, the sunw as shining and it was hot! In the afternoon though it cooled down. Well, enjoy the weekend! And I just wanted to say to the mother of Heidi, thanks for reading my blog so much. I really appreciate it! And Véronique, congratulations for being able to go to Paris after summer to study! Really cool. Hopefully the change of weather, more sunny, will effect my current state in a positive way and I will feel happier again.

No comments: