Tuesday 20 November 2007

Apple

We watched some short documentaries for almost three hours at yesterdays lecture of Documentary Film. Some were more interesting than the others, but overall they were all quite good. Still, though, it was hard to keep concentrated without your mind wandering off. For some reason I still feel pretty tired, which is strange because I've slept really well the last couple of days. I've been going to bed early, like last night at 23.00, and then woke up around 10, which you think should be more than enough. But my body still feels tired. So last night I didn't go to the cinema to watch La Vie En Rose. I should have, because it was the last time they showed it and I had not been able to see it yet, even though it had also been playing for a long time already in The Netherlands. But I wasn't in the mood. Instead I lay on bed listening to Sade, Sean Lennon, SiA and eventually Fiona Apple. I started listening to Extraordinary Machine, it was my first, then I went on to Tidal, her debut, and just some days ago I finally decided to listen to When The Pawn... It still surprises me how much I came to like Extraordinary Machine. Her music is so different and not extremely pretty or anything, but maybe that's what makes me like her music so much. It sounds so different and her voice as well. So I ended up really falling in love with Extraordinary Machine, which is already some years ago. Tidal was exactly the same. After listening a couple of times to that one I fell in love too. With songs Like Shadowboxer and Sleep To Dream. And now When The Pawn... which I already love as well, especially Fast As You Can and The Way Things Are. And her version of Across The Universe which is originally by The Beatles is brilliant, I secretly love it even more than the original. Which brings me to the Lennons, 'cause John Lennon performed the song, but his son Sean has been making music for a while now as well. I just started to listen to Friendly Fire and again, I'm very surprised. There's this one song on it Parachute which is really good. Sounds very mellow and has nice lyrics as well. So that's how the rest of my day went. I don't know exactly why but we don't have seminar today, so I have a day off. No real plans for tonight, so it might be that I end up doing the same as yesterday, which I don't mind at all. It's fun to go out and do somethign,b ut I know that I would really like to just stay at home as well and make it a nice realxed day, very easy and simple. Hopefully everyone likes the new lay-out, I thought let's change it a bit, make it more December like... : )

No comments: