Thursday 15 November 2007

Stop Playing That Damn Trailer!

So I started the day by running together with Clement. I had to hurry a bit as when he came to my hosue I had just came out of the shower, so I put on my sports gear and then we left. Once I got back home I worked on my presentation a bit, watched some Dutch TV programmes online and read some news. At 6.50 they were going to show 12:08 East To Bucharest at the Gulbenkian cinema. This month I'm going a lot, because they will be showing lots of interesting films, and because I don't have television, it's my only real source, besides at times borrowing DVD's from Clement. Still it's a big difference watching films on my laptop. The big screen is so much better, which Zodiac from David Fincher made me for some reason for the first time truly realize. I guess it was because of these scenes that took place at the office and you could still see so many things in the background. It totally made me aware of how much more yous ee when the film is projected on this big screen, so that's why i prefer goign to the cinema. One thing I can't stand though is that they keep showing the trailer from the film Once. It's my most anticipated film of the year, I've been waiting for it sooo long. I NEED to see it and they will play it in December here at the Gulbenkian, but until that time I don't want to see anything of it. So everytime they play the trailer I have to look somewhere else. It's really annoying. I don't close my ears with my hands though. i should, but else people will think what's wrong with that guy? Cause the thing is, I don't think i've ever went to see so many films at the cinema in this short period of time. So there are a lot of trailers I have already seen a million of times. And I start to notice that when I see a film i becoem more aware of the clips they used in the trailer. So yeah, this month better get over real fast so i can finally see Once. Because I expect it to be great, and I mean Before Sunrise, Before Sunset great. Like when you first saw Lost In Translation great. I totally love movies like that, so I'm sure I will go crazy about this one. And I know the music from the film is perfect. I actually listened to the album some months ago that both actors of the film recorded together. But then i decided to not listen to it anymore and wait for the movie. Still, though, I never expected I had to wait this long. Anyway, 12:08 East Of Bucharest was awesome. So funny. It was definitely a real surprise, partly because I expected real drama. I loved the characters, especially old man Piscoci. Well, today I have lecture at 2 and the film meeting. Right now I'm enjoying my muesli. Bye...

No comments: