Tuesday 27 November 2007

Finished And Ready

Victoria made a call some minutes after the people at the reception got back to work after their one hour lunch break and then this guy came to light the little fire in the kitchen. We now got hot water again and the radiator is working as well. So in a couple of minutes I'm able to take a warm shower again. I'm now really ready for my presentation of today. Yesterday during the afternoon and early in the evening I prepared it changing a lot of things and basically rewriting all of my notes. So around 9 I was really finished, which is why I didn't go to the Gulbenkian anymore to watch Superbad, this comedy that is said to be pretty good. But in the end it's not a film I'm dying to see, so I'm not at all dissapointed. It was however, the only time they played it. But there will be so many other films for me to see. The lecture of yesterday was about drama-documentary and how fiction and documentary sometimes overlap. We watched Werner Herzog's Little Dieter Needs To Fly, which apparently his latest film Rescue Dawn, which I unfortunately haven't seen yet, is based on. Watching the film I assumed Rescue Dawn was about Dieter and the experiences he went through, but I was't sure. So when I got home I checked and found out I was right. I thought the film was quite entertaining. Dieter really tells energetically and makes the events easy to imagine. But when you look at the form there are some strange things at times. After the lecture I went home after speaking a bit about the film with Clement outside of the lecture building. he then went to the library and I went back to Park Wood. So today at 2 I will be having my presentation. I'm guessing I will be the first to start, because I will be at the seminar 15 minutes early because the documentary I'm speaking about is on my laptop and therefore I need to set everything up before. Maybe afterwards I will head into town to do my grocery shopping so that on Wednesday I have all day to start working on my second essay for British Cinema. Bye!

No comments: