Friday 16 November 2007

M.A.: Muesliholics Anonymous

Like last week I had a busy Thursday and this week it was the same. I went to my lecture at 2 and then afterwards went into town to go to Tesco and right after that had to go to the filmmeeting of the Kent Film Society where we watched three short movies this week, one of them being Beadhead by robert Rodriguez, whom you might know because of Sin City or El Mariachi. Our lecture was just like every week, one hour Keith, two hours movie. The film we watched this week was Naked by Mike Leigh. Besides the actor who played the main character and who people might know was Remus Lupin in the Harry Potter movies, this film was horrible. I really don't like these depressed kind of films with these strange characters who seem to make no sense. I can not believe someone has written all this. Sometimes the film seemed like this terrible soap opera with the music extra loud during dramatic moments to make it all seem even mroe dramatic. I really wonder what Keith will say about the film in today's seminar. So after the lecture I stood outside talking to Clement and Alice for a while and then we went to the library where I had to scan some papers. Then I left to go and take the bus to go into town. I spend something like 11 pounds, which i was very pleased with, because I expected to spend a total of at least 15. I left around 5.45 to go to town and came back soemthing like 6.45. So when i got home I had to hurry, cause the filmmeeting would take place at 7. This Sunday there will be this special sort of meeting soemwhere in town for everyone of the society. I will definitely go because it's fun to have something else to do than go to some party, which besides going tot he cinema, is actually the only real thing you can do. I need to see 3:10 To Yuma as well, which will be shown in the Gulbenkian, it's a remake, but said to be very good. Today, when I was coming out of the shower I realized that here I didn't buy any study books. Every lecture they just give you the text we need to read or a summary of the power point notes. So you don't have to spend money on those. Here at Kent it's therefore less expensive, or at least it is for me. Again I bought two packages of muesli, both 1 kilo. I happen to eat muesli for breakfast everyday here, which is possible, because except for Monday my classes start at 2 in the afternoon so i have time to really eat. On Monday I start at 10 which also gives me a lot of time to eat as well. When I have to go to Amsterdam most of the time I have seminar or lectures at 9 or 11 and because I have to go by train I always leave one hour before. I also need to go to the train station first. I go by bike, which takes me about 15 to 20 minutes. The same for the trip with the train. So most of the time I eat a bit of bread and then leave quickly to not be late. But because I have enough time here I'm eating muesli every day now and I love it so much. I guess I am really a bit of an addict. Cause at first i went to do my shopping on Saturday or Sunday, but because last week i ran out of muesli I had no choice to go on Thursday. Same for this week. And the bad thing is, first I only bought one package and had maybe just enough for the whole week. But now I buy two and it's also just enough. It's really bad. And I was lying in bed last night imagining me in this big bowl of muesli with lots of milk and eating as much as I can. It's so stupid. But then again, there's nothing wrong with eating muesli, so it's nothing to worry about. Last night I also fell in love with Beirut all over again. I still regret I wasn't able to see them live in Paradiso. There were still tickets available. It would have been the most beautiful night. Zach Condon, the singer, and who actually is the band, cause you can say he's Beirut, but when he performs he needs some extra musicians, so you refer to them as a group. But yeah Zach Condon he's amazing and he has one of the coolest voices I've ever heard. He's so great, I totally worship him right now. And there is this 'programme' online, which Marion told me about, which is called The Take Away Show. Basically it are just performances of bands and artists, but the performances take place outside on the streets of Paris or some kind of weird place like an elevator as The Arcade Fire did. And Beirut just sang on the street. And I was like, wow, what if I happened to be there, I would have gone out of my mind crazy. That would be so awesome. Cause you never expect to see this artist just perform live on the street. There are a lot of episodes, also with The Shins, Andrew Bird, Minus The Bear, Elvis Perkins etc. Extremely cool. Well that was it. ByE!

No comments: