Saturday 17 November 2007

Upper Second

I couldn't care less about the seminar once Keith told us our essays had been returned to the film office all marked and stuff. So I didn't even really try to be involved in the whole discussion. But even if I wanted to I don't think I could have. The girl who always speaks this time give this great performance, drawing all attention to her, making sure everyone knew how she felt about the film we saw Thursday and how the rape scenes had offended her and how hard it was for her to watch the film ever since opening scene of which she could not understand it was included. It was interesting and all, but at the end it was all we spoke about, cause the seinar was already over. I would have liked if we had gotten the time to talk about some other aspects as well. But we didn't. Then my essay. I'm very happy cause I have a 67% mark, which is in the Upper Second Class. There's a Marks above 80 % class, a First Class Marks and then you have the Upper Second. Then there's also a Lower Second and a Third Class. But upper class is alright. According to the description in a blue book we had been given at the beginning of the academic year: 'Marks in this range will reflect very good work which will be characterised by coherence and relevance, soudnness of argument, appropriateness or reference, depth of knowledge and research, and discrimination.' Well that's great. Alice had a 70% mark, so she better not worry too much about her next essay anymore, 'cause apparently she does pretty well. Clement didn't have his mark yet, because Keith for some reason didn't tell their group the essays were returned, so he never went to get his. But hopefully he has done good as well. Same for Nicholas. But he handed in his essay later after having asked for an extension. In the afternoon I went to the boxing class together with Clement. The professional teacher once again had come to teach us, instead of Ben, the guy who usually is in charge of the lessons. But it was really fun. We did a bit of everything, stretching, rope jumping, working on our punching. I'm already looking forward to next week. Then after having taken a shower at home and had dinner very quickly I went out again to see 3:10 To Yuma at the Gulbenkian, which was extremely good. Very good characters, very exciting story. I know it's a remake, but I never saw the original, but apparently critics who saw both still think this updated version if very good as well. Both Russell Crowe and Christian Bale gave solid performances. I especially felt for Bale's character, he was such a caring father and he really wanted to make a good living so his wife and kids would have nothing to worry about. Alice, who had no idea what movie we were going to see, but who had just decided to go ocne Marion asked her if she wanted to come to the cinema, ended up very dissapointed, because she doesn't like westerns. Marion didn't realy like it either. Heidi, who was also with us, fortuantely thought it was very good, just like me. So at least someone agrees with me. I guess if you like westerns or just a film with some good action and you don't mind to watch people chasing each other and lots of gun fights, you will be in for something really good. This week for some reason went by extremely fast. Can't belive it's Saturday already. No idea what i'm going to do today. i guess work on my presentation, even though I feel there isn't so much work to do. Maybe I will watch a movie. Aah, yes, I have to do my laundry. And Sinterklaas, i guess he has already arrived!
Edit: He has not arrived yet. I can watch it live. :) Of course there is some trouble with his ship again, there's always soemthing going on to make it a bit extra dramatic. If you have no idea what I'm taking about, go here, it will asnwer all your questions: http://www.stnicholascenter.org/Brix?pageID=23

No comments: