Wednesday 14 November 2007

D.A.N.C.E.

I went running with Clément this morning, but I was a bit tired, didn't got the time to eat something, and the road was very steep, making it very tough, so after a while I just had to slow down and walk a bit. I guess it's also because last night I went to The Venue and I was told it would close at 12. So it was open from 9 to 12, but it turned out it wasn't. It actuallyw as open til 2 am. So Alice and I were already there just around half past 9. Marion forgot her student ID card, so she had to go home to pick it up when we were already walking towards The Venue. Because she had to go back she decided to pick up Clément as well as he still had to eat dinner and would join us somewhat later. When Alice and I arrived at the Venue there was almost noone there and I started to doubt if it would actually going to be crowded at all, cause it was a Tuesday, which I guess isn't the most popular day to go out. But eventually it got pretty crowded and the dancefloor was filled with people. Cléments housemates had come as well as well as some of their friends. AlsoJan came to join us after going to the sprts center first. They played dance music, because it was Ministry of Dance night or Ministry of Sounds, I don't know exactly the name, but I think they sue it a lot. Anyway it was very good. And even though I like to listen to a lot of bands, whenever I'm out in a nightclub I don't really care about the music they play i can dance to everything. Alice and I were the only ones who stayed til closing time. We were the first to arrive and the last to leave. We danced continuously for like four hours. So no wonder I was a bit tired this morning when Clément and I went running. We left around 10.05 and were back in Park Wood around 10.40. Then I took a shower, second one of today and now i'm having breakfast after doing the dishes, which was a lot. Hana came by to have breakfast with Farhad and then they left to go to the grammar lessons. I at first went to those lessons as well, but because the first lesson was kind of a waste of time I decided to no longer go. And it's better, because I have time to work on my presentation which is scheduled for after next week. Yesterdays seminar was quite good. There were a lot more people than last week, because last time we were only with 6 in total. But it was nice and we discussed the documentary from Nick Broomfield which we saw the day before, The Leader, His Driver and The Driver's Wife. The film is very interesting and raises a lot of questions about Broomfields own performance in the film, because he appears in it himself, he can be seen, and he also can be heard through voice-over. It's also a very good documentary when you look at the tone of a film and the way it presents its subjects to the viewer. So today I'm going to work on my presentation and tonight I will porbably go and watch 12:08 East of Bucharest at the Gulbenkian cinema. The movie has been released in NL as well, but i never managed to see it. So that's what's on today's programme. See you!

No comments: