Friday 9 November 2007

Ipod Trouble

I woke up around 11 and then brushed my teeth and took a shower to go to my lecture later on at 2pm. The lecture itself kind of made no sense as our professor Keith was speaking about heritage films and then showed For Weddings And A Funeral as one of the examples as well. A little bit confusing.Fprtuantely the screening for once was really nice and I didn't fell asleep which was pretty surprising because I happened to be still a bit tired. The film we watched was A Room With A View. A very good film, though at a certain point a bit too long with nothing really interesting happening and making it not all too hard for the viewer to foresee how the story was going to end. But Helena Bonham Carter was absolutely amazing and I thought it was funny to see her in one of those sweet and innocent roles. 'Cause nowadays she is kind of like Johnny Depp always going for the more 'strange' roles. When the movie had finished and I came back from the bathroom, I was in total shock. As I was looking outside I saw that it was completely dark and it was raining very hard. Ever since we had to turn back our clock one hour I don't think we had had a British Cinema lecture anymore, so to go inside at 2pm by daylight and walk out in complete darkness was not something I expected. Because Clement went to Sainsburys, a supermarket and told it was pretty good and also not too expensive, kind of like Tesco but with more choices, I thought let's try and go there as well. Because he didn't know exactly where it was, I decided just to take the bus into town and then ask someone. But as I was in front of Wilkinson and asked a guy, he told me it was something like 30 minutes by foot. And because it was dark, raining and I didn't want to get lost, I decided to just go to Tesco instead. I ran out of muesli, and I really really needed some, so i had to come into town to buy not one but two pacakges. I also did all the shopping for the rest of the week and in total I spent 15 pounds. Then I went back home again by bus. I met Jan, who later on also joined Marion, Alice, Veronique and me to go to the K-bar to look at the karaoke. When I came back home I had something like ten minutes to eat dinner, so i just put some tortellini in a pan full of boiling water, which only takes two minutes, and had my dinner. Then I went to the filmmeetign to meet up with Euan and Clement. Euan brought this little thing with him which connected his I-pod to the TV so he could play his music for all of us to hear. We thoguht about some music to use for our film and to catch the atmosphere we want to create. It was really cool and interesting as usual and now it's time to get some test shots. So maybe in the upcoming weeks we will be busy doing that. I walked back home, said goodbye to Clement who was goign into town to meet up with Claudia and some others, put on my winterjacket, because it was freezing! And then walked to the reception almost immediately, cause it was already around 9 pm. So there I met up with Alice, Veronique and Marion and together we walked to Keynes college where Jan was waiting for us. None of us sang. I have a bit of a cold still so i didn't want to and there are a lot of people watching so I'm kind of like, no. Alice and Veronique wanted to sing, but not alone. So eventually none of us sang. But we just drank soemthing, sat there, chatted a bit, and then around 11, went back home. But it was nice to just go out again. Today I have seminar at 2 and I'm goign tot he boxing class and tonight maybe a party in town which is organised by the Italian and spanish community. Oh, and my laptop doesn't seem to recognize my Ipod anymore when I plug it in, what am I to do?! : (

No comments: