Saturday 10 November 2007

Can't Get Enough

My hair is slowly starting to grow longer, which makes me happy, 'cause I'm in the mood for longer hair. Yesterday's seminar...I was actually feeling pretty goo about going, but then of course I ended up doing nothing. Alice described it the best, it was like watching a talk show. The blonde guy was there agin and as usual he doesn't say anything interesting. Overall the seminar wasn't very serious. And I'm sorry, but I hate it when Keith our professor starts by asking every time, what do you think of when I say gangster film or horror? Well, this weke it was about the heritage film or the period film or costume drama or whatever youw ant to call them. But i just can't stand the question, because you can assume that we all, us film students, have at least one film that belongs to those genres and are very well capable to see what kind of characterize them. So to ask every time the same question, it makes me feel like he must think we're stupid or something. Of course, i can come up with a million things, everyone is able to do so. So then I just don't want to answer. cause I don't want to be like, uhmmm, women in corsets. And then he goes, yeah, what more? Like hello, it's not a quiz. But yeah, talk show, great description, because the blonde keeps on talking, like the other one girl. The funny girl is alright. Like I keep saying, she knows so much, always says the best stuff. But the blodne guy...arghhh. The funny girl mentioned The Importance of Being Earnest, and then the blonde guy for some reason ahd to comment that some of his familymembers were extras in the film. And I was thinking, so? What the f*ck do I need with that information. Cool your family played in a movie, I don't give a damn. Really, it's so stupid. If you're goign to say something, at least say soemthign interesting. I really don't like it. Documentary Film is awesome, both seminar and lectures, but British Cinema, yawn. I should have better chosen the writing a short story course, but then again, i had to finish my minor. So i didnt really have a choice. After the seminar i went back home and then after soemthing more than an hour left againt to go to the boxing class. Clement couldn't come, because his girlfriend came from France. But the boxing was alright. The boy and girl I had to box with were both very nice and helpful. So iw as glad they didn't feel bad havign to box with me as Im far less experienced. Especially the boy was very good, but he was very patient with me, so that was really cool. There was a party in town at night. I ended up going, but I'm not sure it was such a good idea. I wasnt really in the mood. I feel a bit tired and I'm still kind of dreamy because of the concert. This one song Mr. November, can't get enough of it at the moment. And as I was sitting at a table with Jan, Alice, Marion and later on Clement and Lea his girlfriend and knowing I had my Ipod in the left pocket of my jeans, i kept thinking about listening to the song. Marion wasn't really in the mood either and had not eaten before, so she was very hungry. Clement and Lea were going to London the following day, which is today, so they had to leave early. So they went all back by bus together. I stayed, though. I tried to have a good time just for Alice because I knew how much she wanted to go out and do soemthign fun together. Unfortuantely there wasnt anyone dancing, I was actually in the mood eventually to dance, but because there were only two guys acting like fools, i decided to go home. Im not sure if there were any buses that were still going back to campus, but i didnt find them so i walked home. Fortunately I walked back home on Wednesday with Clement as well, so I knew a way of which i was certain could get me home, because I already wasnt quite sure how to get home the other way, like we used to go in our first week. So i first began one the first way, but then was afraid I would get lost so i turned around and then went the other way. So i was pretty happy when i saw the blue sign with 'University of Kent' written on it. When i got home i went to bed and that was the end of yet another day here in Canterbury. :p

No comments: