Saturday 3 November 2007

Disadvantages Of Being Here

Today I'm so tired. I'm not sure why. Maybe I have to get out more and get away from my computer, which I'm sitting in front of way too much. I've finished my second essay, though. I just need to read it again, make changes etc. But overall I'm done. So I'm definitely have to celebrate it soon. Yesterday I handed in my first essay after there was no computer left in the library to print my work. Fortunately the second time I went, I found one, all empty and ready to be used. I didn't go to boxing class, partly because it's less fun without Clement and I'm having a bit of a cold, which influences my breathing. So doing all the push-ups would have been much more difficult. But I managed to finish my essay instead. Last night I chatted with Alice via MSN for a while and then decided I really had to go to bed as my head was hurting. So today I woke up at 10 and took the bus to town around 11.30. I was actually thinking about going around 12, but as I was standing in the kitchen cleaning my teapot andhad a quick look at my watch, i realized it was still possible to catch the bus of 11.30. So I took my stuff and left the house. And as I entered the bus I saw Alice sitting comfortably in one of the seats. Completely unexpected. I had no idea she was going into town as well, so we ended up going together. I really love my stay here in Canterbury, but there are just a couple of things that i have to miss and that hurt me just a little bit. Besides going to some free film screenings every now and then, I was already dissapointed I'm not able to see Beirut in Paradiso the 15th oh November. There even are tickets available still! And thinking about the fact that I'm not able to see him here in London, because it's sold out, kills me. If I had not been here I would have gone to the concert and it would have been my best one so far. There's no toher band I'd rather see live right now. So I should not think about it too much. I'm sure I get a second chance, but something tells me that next time he will be in The Netherlands again, it will be sold out in no time. Just wait and see. Another thing I'm a dissapointed about is that I'm not able to see Britannicus, the new play by Thibaud Delpeut, who was the director of the G-Variaties, a play I starred in last year. It will be shown only in the Toneelschuur, the small theatre in Haarlenm, my hometown and it's a co-production between the Toneelschuur and Toneelgroep Amsterdam, which Thibaud is part of and with whom he has a contract to write and direct plays for. So he's becoming quite famous and everyone who starred in the play with me last year is always so proud to have had him direct us. And today i received an e-mail from Rosa, one of the girls who starred in the play with me, saying we should all meet up and go to the premier of the play together. I would love to go and see it, but I'm here. It's so sad, but that's just the way things are. I know I will get over it, but it feels like such a disappointment right now. If only I could go back and forth real quick...

No comments: