Tuesday 6 November 2007

Cheese Anyone?

I was just in time for my lecture. Apparently 10 m`nus is the minimum to get to the lecture on time, less than 10 will get you to be late. There weren't many people when I arrived. The number of people who take the course a;ready aren't that many, but yesterday seemed to be even a smaller group. I guess some people were still working hard on their essay. The lecture was pretty interesting. I finally saw Chronique D'un Ėté which is one of those documentaries you frequently read about in books, but which you have never actually seen. So it was ncie to actually see it in full. After the lecture I had to hand in my essay, but because or lecture ends at 1 pm, I had to wait for one hour, because the people from the Film office were having their lunch break. So I decided to go with Alice to the supermarket. She had to buy something, so i though I just would come along with her. Clement immediately went to the library after the lecture was over to try and finish his essay, which he succeeded in. So he doesn't need an extension afterall, even though he already asked for one. While Alice went to buy a sandwich i took some money from the cash machine. I met Simone, one of the girls from the UvA and who studies law. She told me she was doing alright, but that she never had to write any essays, only exams, so she had to get used to writing them again. When Alice came back we went to buy tickets at the Gulbenkian cinema. I bought one for Death Proof, which Alice has already seen on Sunday and we both got our free ticket for the screening of Venus on the 21st of November, which is exclusively for members. Alice had her weekly meeting with this English guy who wants to learn to speak Italian. And in exchange he will help Alice and some other Italian students, like Nicola, learn some English. So the first half hour is in Italian and then they switch over to English. I went to the library to pass time and then when it was almost 2pm I went to hand in my essay. Then I went home where I stayed lying on my bed until I had dinner around 19.45. And when I went to the cinema I met Claudia and Clement who were also going. The film was absolutely amazing. I forgot how much I like Tarantino and his style. Death Proof is just a whole lot of fun. From beginning to end he takes you on this crazy ride. Today i have seminar at 2 and that's it. I have just one little problem which involves some cheese. I still have this big lump of cheese which I can't ever finish on my own and definitely not before November 8th. I guess I have to end up throwing it away or find some mice who I'm sure will be very happy to have it. Everyone have a nice day! Bye bye.

No comments: