Monday 26 November 2007

Cold, Cold Water Surrounds Me Now...

This morning I went to take a shower and all I got was cold water. Apparently the little fire in the kitchen that is supposed to heat up everything went out and now we don't have hot water and the radiators don't work. I just went by the reception to tell them about it, but of course they were closed for lunch. I forgot about it so i came by for nothing. We will try again later, but just call them instead of going by the office. But Farhad and Victoria also have no idea how to get that little fire back on, so we just have to wear a lot of big sweaters right now to keep ourselves warm. It's pretty cold outside at the moment. This morning when I was walking to Grimond for our lecture it wasn't all that cold, but as I was walking back afterwards it felt like freezing. Yesterday might have been the same, but I stayed in all day, so i have no idea what kind of weather it was. I only know that during the evening it all of a sudden started to rain really hard. Another thing that kind of frustrates me is that they didn't come to clean our house today and we don't have that much toilet paper left. They really should realise that they can't come to clean our house on Monday one week and then the next drop by on Thursday. They have to be more consistent. But yes, yesterday I stayed at home. Alice told me she went to town with Marion in the morning and there was this little market where apparently they also sold stroopwafels. So maybe next time I'm in town I will have a look. Not sure though if they wills till be having the market, but you never know. But I worked on my presentation, or at least thought about it and prepared for it like I will do again this afternoon. It's no real use starting on my essay, without having done my presentation. It's easier for me to do the presentation first before I can move on to something new and fully commit myself to my essay. But hopefully we will be having hot water again very soon. Have a nice afternoon everyone. See you!

No comments: