Sunday 18 November 2007

Drying For Free

The first time I liked it, the second time was alright as well, the third time I still felt cool doing it, but now...I don't like to do my laundry at all. Having to walk all the way to the laundrette with at least five bags full of clothes, then put them in the washing machine, if you find one that's empty and then putting the money in, if you have the exact amount in cash, else you have to change it in the shop first. I especially don't like it when it's crowded with people. Luckily for me, yesterday that wasn't the case. But I don't like to do the laundry anymore. At first it was cool, because you live on your own, you feel idnependent, look at me, I can do my laundry all by myself, i don't need anyone doing it for me. But now I'm already fed up with it. It's because you have to go there, then go back home and after 45 minutes you have to go back, put the clothes in the dryer and go back home again,w ait another 45 minutes and then go back to get your clothes. However, I got lucky yesterday night, because to my surprise there was one dryer which already was paid for. So I only had to put my clothes in. To dry your clothes it's 60 pence, so that's quite alright not having to pay that myself. But at first it didn't change much, because when i met Veronique in the laundrette before, when i was putting my clothes in the washing machine, we then afterwards walked back home together and when she got into her house and I walked on to mine I thought I dropped a coin. At home it turned out I was right and I dropped one pound. So when after something like 40 minutes I got back to the laundrette to put my clothes in the dryer I walked back the same way I walked home with Veronique. I looked for a coin but didn't find anything, so i just walked on. But then when I came back again after putting my clothes in the dryer I didn't have to pay for I found my coin of 1 pound, so I was all of a sudden very happy. This, unfortuantely, didn't last that long, because when i got back to the laundrette again and opened the dryer I found my clothes to be still wet, or at least not completely dry. Turned out I had forgotten to clean the thing in front of the dryer first. Because I was tired and wanted to go to bed early, I just took my clothes with me instead of doing another drying sessionn to try and really dry them this time. So now my clothes are still a bit wet and they're all spread around my room trying them to get dry. So yeah, I really don't like to do my laundry sometimes. Something which I kind of expected was that nothign happened when I decided to just put white and color together. I was so not in the mood to do my laundry that i just didn't care putting the white clothes with the colored ones. But in the end it turned out fine. My white clothes are still as white as before, so I guess for me it's no problem to just put them together white + color. Besides doing the laundry I didn't do much yesterday. I was home all day. I only worked a bit on my presentation. I feel there isn't much to do so it is no real use. I already saw my documentary once and then wrote down a lot of interesting things, so that's probably all i will speak about. The rest of the day was kind of boring, like most of my Saturdays are when I'm at home in The Netherlands. I listenend a lot to Beirut and Fiona Apple, and that was it. I had dinner, which I wanted to keep as simple as I can, but then I noticed I had to finish my carrots at least on the 18th, which is today, so I had to finish them. And because there are way to much of them to eat in one day i had no choice than to start witht hem last night. I already made some vegetables from the freezer when i realised i had to eat my carrots, so i ended up eating a lot more as well. Hopefully today will be much nicer. I'm going to the special filmmeeting in town tonight, which sounds really cool. I really like the Kent Film Society, it's arranged very well. Have a nice Sunday everybody!

No comments: