Saturday 19 April 2008

Enjoying My Time Here, That's What I'll Be Doing

If someone didn't knock on the front door this morning to hand me a package I would have probably still been sleeping. But that's not what happened, so now I'm awake. I will tell you later what was in the package. It's something I had made and it looks great. I'm happy. Yesterday I didn't do anything apart from going to the cinema with Amandine and Aline to see Le Scaphandre Et Le Papillon. It was strange though when we walked back and I went back into my house. We were saying goodbye and I realized that today Aline will go back to France so it was a real goodbye. It's strange. I have to say goodbye so much lately. I don't want to. Lately I have been more aware of where I am, of this whole experience. I guess it's because we're here for so long right now, so you can really look at things differently. I remember when I went out with Véronique this one Saturday and we were sitting in this pub and I thought, wow, I'm actually really here. It suddenly hit me that I was really here in the UK, that all of this has been real. Of course I know it, but it's not something you truly feel and realize 24/7. And since that evening I have been having more moments just like that. People have asked me what I'm going to do right now, now that I don't have any exams and can do whatever I want. And when they ask me they refer to travelling, really do something, go places. I will and I want to, but at the same time, what's wrong with staying here. For me being here in Park Wood, in Canterbury, is already doing something. This is part of the whole experience. This is what I will miss. London is nice, going to Scotland or whatever other city. Great to see those places, but here is where I've met all these great people, started this whole new life. I want to spend as much time as I can here. This is this special place, so why would I go and start travelling for weeks, leaving all of this behind. Here is where I have all these wonderful memories. Here is where I've spent most of my time. So that's what I'm doing, enjoying my time here, my friends here, for as long as I can. I don't really care about all those other places in the UK. I have nothing there. My life is here, so I'll stay. For most of the time at least. And I remember when going to London for those five days in December when I returned in Canterbury, I was really happy to be back home, sleep in my own bed, be part of Park Wood again and everything that's going on here. So yeah, that's what I'll be doing. Véronique sent me an email today with a picture of me she took last time there was a party at her place. It shows me smiling :) Here it is. Have a great weekend!



No comments: