Tuesday 29 April 2008

Finally, Dover

I went to Dover yesterday with Heidi and her friends from Finland. I heard things about Dover being not that great, but I quite liked it. And the weather was great, so for us it was perfect. We went to see the shore, the Dover castle in which we did not go inside though, cause it's 10 pounds 30. A bit expensive. But we walked the way up there to take a look. I made pictures for all of you to enjoy. I really had a nice morning. In the evening we went laser gaming. First it was only the six of us; Heidi's friends, Amandine, Marion and me. So we were split into duo's. I went with Heidi. Marion and Amandine happened to win and Marion surprisingly ;) ended up being the person with the most points. I was second place. Then the second game there was this group of French kids, they're everywhere in town lately, don't know why and four teenage girls, or maybe they were a bit older, don't know. The kids were split into two teams and the four older girls joined our red team. Some of the kids didn't understand a thing which most part was because of their teacher's bad translation when the girl telling everyone about the game and its rules was explaining how it all works. So especially in the beginning I shot so many of them and I was 100% sure this time I would be number one, the winner. But then when we got the results at the end, it turned out Red number 2 (I was Red 4) was the player with the highest score. And who was Red number 2, Marion! Aaargh, again I came in second. It's not cool. So now when we will play it a next time I have to try even harder, 'cause I want to be the best. :) But it really was fun. Afterwards we went to Nando's, a place where Heidi had been before and she said it was really nice so we were going to eat there. However, it was completely full and people actually had to wait in line for a table to become available. So we decided to go somewhere else and ended up at this place called Marlowe's which had a very nice atmosphere and relaly good food. I had what was called a 'Moroccan Bake', which consisted of this pastry pie with fruits and vegetables in it and cous cous. It was really good and it's always nice to eat out, because you get to eat like a real proper meal. :D Dennis and Alice later on joined us. They didn't go to the laser game, but did come to have a drink. The rest of us, however, left some minutes later, as we were all a bit tired of the game and like Heidi her friends and me, from our trip to Dover. This evening I will join Heidi and her friends for a drink in town and Veronique returns from France. Enjoy your evening everyone and I will upload some pictures.

No comments: