Saturday 5 April 2008

Perfect Morning, Perfect Night, Boring Afternoon :)

So far no snow, thankfully. I'm enjoying this weather, dry, soft, a bit warm. But it seems to be getting a bit colder though. Yesterday morning I opened my eyes, feeling a bit tired still. Then my telephone rang, at first I thought it was my alarm clock, but it was Marion asking if I wanted to go into town. Well, I was not dressed yet and had to take a shower first etc., but she didn't mind, she put on some clothes and came by at my house. We had a tea in the kitchen while Stuart was making breakfast for him and Victoria. Then I took a shower while Marion was reading some stuff online. For a while Marion had mentioned that she wanted to go and eat at a place like McDonald's or Subway. I felt the same, as for some time I also have been having the urge to eat pizza. But we decided to go to Subway. So we walked into town, the weather was still good. Good enough to walk in a T-shirt and not get cold at least. Then we ordered ourself a sandwich. Because the foot long one seemd quite big we both choose just the half. But after having finished it while walking into town we agreed that a foot long one maybe isn't that big afterall as we felt like we could have eaten a foot long one pretty easily. Apart from Marion who wanted to buy a pen we didn't had enough else to do so after a while we walked back to campus again. I then went to my place where I slept for just a little bit. Then I got kind of bored, eventually watching some episodes of Scrubs. Véronique had already mentioned she wanted to go and celebrate the ending of the term. It didn't really matter what we did as long as it involved partying. There was this party in town which Jan was going to, and at The Venue there was a party as well, like everyday. I wasn't sure about the party in town as I really felt like dancing, like when in a nightclub, and not just drinking something and talking to people. It's nice meeting new people, but parties just aren't the best places to start a real conversation. When I reallyw ant to get to know a person I prefer sitting at a quiet table with maybe only 2 or 3 other people around, but not in such a crowded place, music playing loud in the background etc. So I told Véronique I preferred going to The Venue to dance. But because i told her I would like to just have a drink as well, we decided we could go and do that in town. Marion had been studying together with Amandine and Dennis apparently did not read the email Véronique sent to get us all together to go into town. So the two girls were too tired to party. But it didn't matter to Véronique and me, we still went into town together and I had a really great time. We walked into town talking and then went to this pub, I don't remember the name, but it turned out I had been there like 3 times before. It brought back some memories of course. But the place was a bit packed and there didn't seem to be a place left to sit so we decided to go somewhere else. We just randomnly walked into this other place and again it turned out I had been there before, during the afternoon with Claudia and Clement after we walked to check out the locations for the film with Euan. We decided to stay in this one as it was not too crowded. We both had a glass of white wine which tasted pretty good. It got better at the end. Again we talked, it was really nice. We stayed pretty long. After Véronique suggested to go to Bar 121. Again i had been there before as well, but just didn't know. I most of the times forget the names of the places I go to. Once there was this part of the Italian community and it was in this bar. They had a dance floor as well, almost noone danced, but the music was so good and Véronique and me didn't care we were almost the only ones out there dancing. It was perfect, almost the entire floor to ourselves, so much space. The lights were so funny. They made our teeth look green.
Sorry, I have to go. Need to go into town with Marion. I'll finish later. :)

No comments: