Sunday 27 April 2008

Sunny Weather Asks For A Cuban Party

When the weather is extremely nice you just can't stay inside. In the morning I went to do my grocery shopping with Marion, Heidi and Tania. Tania normally does her shopping in the afternoon but decided to join us. At 9.15 we all met up and walked into town enjoying the great sunny weather. Because of our full bags after going into Tesco we took the bus home. The one we took didn't stop at Park Wood, so we walked from Keynes. So because the weather was so good I didn't want to stay inside for to long once I returned home. Right now though I'm like the only one who doesn't have any exams or essays, so I don't have any real obligations. So I had to do something fun on my own and because it was still early I decided to watch a film and take a short nap afterwards, not too long though as the weather might not be the same if I would sleep too long. The film I watched was Rebel Without A Cause, which I had already seen, but I like it so I bought when there was the sale. So I didn't mind at all when I could no longer keep my eyes open and just lay down falling a sleep a bit with the sound of the film playing in my head. Around something like 3 I decided it was time to go outside. I wanted to print something and then go to the bench behind Eliot College, but when I came to the library I found Marion sitting outside studying so I went to sit next to her listening to my I-Pod. She then later on wanted to go home and eat something so I walked with her and then won't home again myself where I had a really nice time listening to film soundtracks, like those of The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford, The Fountain, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Diarios De Motocicleta, and Edward Scissorhands, while reading a book. Alice sent a message on Facebook inviting some friend to join her and Jasmine to the Cuban club in town. At first I wasn't sure I would go but eventually I did. We met up at the salsa corner ;) at 10.30 pm and then walked into town. It were only Marion, Alice, Jasmine and me who came along so the four of us walked into town together. I had not been to the Cuban club before, at least not really. We went inside twice maybe, but both times it was too early and they didn't turn it into this night club kind of thing where you can dance, so it was still just filled with seats and tables for people to have dinner. I was surprised by the music, which I expected I would not really like, because they play a lot of salsa music and other Latin American music genres like reggaetón. But the music was really fun and quite danceable so I had a great time and a big plus is that the club doesn't really attract so many teenagers, whom I most of the time happen to find very annoying (I know not so long ago I was one myself, but still) so it's filled with people a bit more older, which is really nice. I didn't stay too long as I was already very tired when I got there, which is why I wasn't sure about going. Today the weather is alright. It's not sunny, but dry and not cold. I have been working on a book for Heidi with photos just like the one I made. I find it easy to do it so if anyone else wants me to make one, I would gladly do so.

No comments: