Tuesday 15 April 2008

Let's Keep On Speaking English

Today the weather has been good, not like yesterday when after some sun it all of a sudden started to pour. The sun has been shining consistently, making for a nice spring day. I've been baking again, because in half an hour I'll be going to Alice's place where Amy, whom we know from the salsa, will be preparing some sushi! But for everyone who doesn't like sushi I baked something that I will bring along with me. I will put pictures of it maybe tomorrow. Yesterday was a very nice relaxing day. I went into town after having taking a shower and everything. Leaving the house I met Anne whom I've been seeing a lot lately. I guess it's the nice weather which brings us out of our houses more, so that's why we keep running into each other. But it's fun, 'cause we can talk in our secret language almost noone understands. :) However, lately I feel I have become less willing to speak Dutch. I guess I start to realize all this will soon be over and I would just love to keep on speaking English. Of course I can keep on speaking in English once I return to The Netherlands, but that would just be kind of silly. Why would you speak English when you can speak Dutch. But anyway, I had a nice time walking into town and on my way I met Dennis who was going into town as well, so we walked together. We both had to go to Tesco. I had this craving for sushi, so I was going to by the large pack. I also bought some flour, potatoes and some frozen vegetables. When we left Tesco the sun all of a sudden had disappeared and it was now raining. At first it was raining just a bit, but it soon started to really pour down. Dennis went to Starbucks and I catched the bus back to Park Wood. When I walked towards my house from the bus station I saw Heidi walking, she was just returning home as well. So I went to say hi and we ended up having a nice cup of tea in her kitchen. Then after something like an hour we went to see if Amandine was home as we both wanted to return the DVD's we had borrowed from her. But she wasn't home when we dropped by, so I then went back to my own place and Heidi to hers. Coming home I spoke to Farhad briefly and then he left. I ate my sushi, all of it. Surprisingly I didn't feel full at all. And it was the large pack! Apparently walking into town makes me very hungry. I didn't do much else apart from watching a movie. For some reason I really enjoy watching movies in my room right now. It always goes like this. I have there periods I really watch a lot of movies and then all of a sudden it stops and I don't watch that many movies anymore. This time I watched Election. It had been at the shops for 3 pounds for ages. It's not a very popular film I think, but it's really good. I saw it before once, on TV. It's directed by Alexander Payne who also did Sideways, which I still haven't seen, and About Schmidt which stars Jack Nicholson. I didn't really remember what exactly it was about, but it was as fun as watching it the first time. It's a really cool film and Reese Witherspoon is amazing. Today I got a new email from HMV and they added a lot of new films to their sale. So everyone who loved Match Point or hasn't seen it but wants to watch a really good film, go buy it. It's 3 pounds! Some other good films are on sale for just 3 pounds as well, but seeing a film like Match Point for 3 pounds, makes me just as happy as when I saw The Science Of Sleep for 3 pounds. It's a film I would immediately grab from the shelves. It's so good, so full of suspense. I love it. I will go and buy it as well and maybe some others as well. I know I spent a lot of money right now on DVD's, but normally I don't. It's just because of this sale, so I'm goign for it. :) Well, I have to go now. It's almost 7, just one more minute. Bye.

No comments: