Sunday 6 April 2008

No Sushi But A 'Tarte'

It's snowing. It really is. After the great weather I wasn't sure if it really was going to happen, but it did. It's snowing right now and quite a lot. I just got out of bed not too long ago. Again I had a long and very nice evening. At first there were plans of going to this sushi restaurant in town Yoshi. Saturday evening I told Veronique about it when we walked passed it going to bar 121. Dennis had been there before and explained the kind of sushi they have and how everything works with the conveynor belt and everything. But because some people are still busy with essays, with their deadline being tomorrow, we decided that it would be nicer to wait until we could go with a big group, which is more fun. But because we didn't go to Yoshi, Veronique suggested to make a quiche or a tarte and have dinner together at her place. So I ended up having dinner in Veronique's kitchen. I made a fruit salad of kiwi and pears as a desert. Emily, Veroniques' housemate ate with us as well. The tarte was really good, there was tuna in it and tomato. Really nice. During the afternoon I didn't do much. I watched Scrubs :) and listened to some music. Marion was studying together with Amandine at Amandine's place. So because i didn't have anything else to do I decided to go over to her place. However, at first i thought she lived at Grimshill number 7, but no, that's where Heidi lives. So then I thought, okay than it must be number 8. 'Cause I thought Amandine lives at number 8 and Magali at number 9. So I rang their doorbell and one of the housemates pointed upwards when i asked if Amandine was at home. Turned out it was Magali's place. No idea why that housemate of hers pointed upwards when i asked for Amandine. I guess she's at Magali's place so much that Magali's housemate just expected her to be upstairs as well. But it was Magali's place where I was so we ended up talking for a while. Magali was preparing her suitcase because she is goign back to France. This is why she already finished her essay and the report, which is what Amandine is still working on. Because I was going to Amandine's place Magali decided to come with me as she wanted to pass by at her place but didn't want to disturb her, but because I was already going to do just that by visiting, Magali decided to come along as well. Apparently Magali has the key of Amandine's house, a mistake that was never corrected, so we could just enter without ringing the bell. However, Amandine wasn't at home. Turned out, as I figured out later, she and Marion went to Marion's place to pick up the donuts Marion had bought that morning. At first i was a bit worried thinking that maybe Marion had not been feeling well, which made them decide to stop their working session. But luckily that wasn't the case. I went inot town yesterday morning with Marion to do our weekly grocery shopping. But instead of going there by foot we went by bus because she was not feeling well. I didn't buy that many things, and mostly things I really needed like fruit, museli, rice milk, fresh bread, some drink etc. Just the milkshake drink, banana flavour, wasn't something I really needed. :) Today I have no real plans yet, maybe a laundry session, because it's that time again and going to the cinema later tonight. But we'll see. For now let's just watch the snow.

No comments: