Friday 25 April 2008

Scientists In London

Finally I slept alright tonight, but how could I not, I was so exhausted from not sleeping well the night before and going to London yesterday seeing the concert. My coach left at 11.45 but a was a bit late, like 18 minutes. But it was alright because I was going to be in London early with no real plan of what to do. So when I got there I thought about visiting this market I went to last time which i thought was at Liverpool Street station. Turned out I was wrong though. :) But i just walked around and then came across an EAT so I went in bought a humous wrap and my favourite greek yoghurt thing with banana and honey. It's sooo good. Everyone need to taste it, I'm sure you'll like it. I didn't eat in but took everything with me and then went to Oxford Circus where I walked around and went into the Apple store to have a look and play with their products. Like always it's crowded in there. I would have loved to go to a museum or soemthing, but I knew I was still tired and was afraid that looking at paintings would only make me more exhausted as it can drain all the energy right out of you. So eventually I went to Shepherd's Bush Empire with the tube. By the way, it's really easy having an Oyster card, it's the coolest thing. I was early, it was like 5, so I sat across the building on the other side of the street where's this kind of parc and sat on a bench eating the wrap and enjoing a bit of sun. Around 6 I went to sit at the steps of Shepherd's Bush and ate my yoghurt. At first i thought I had a standing ticket, but I didn't, I had one for level 1, which turned out to be much better I guess, cause the kids downastairs happened to go crazy, jumping and pushing each other, so if you're not totally in the front it would be hard to really see soemthing of the band and not get lost in the huge crowd of people pushing you around. So I had been standing int he wrong que for a while, but eventually I managed to find a good spot to sit, completely in the front. Next to me sat this girl from Taiwan who I started to speak with a bit. She was studying in the UK as well at the University of the Arts in London, I think she said Camberwell college and has been here since October. A friend of hers couldn't make it to see the concert so she happened to got the ticket. She likes We Are Scientists, but isn't like a really big fan or anything. I don't consider myself a fan either but I do really like them and seeing them live reminded me why that was again. There were two supporting acts, one was Oxford Collapse which i happen to really like and the other one was a band from New Zealand which were a bit too pop at first for my taste, but eventually they happened to be pretty cool. And the band has a female lead singer and like Marion I happen to have come to prefer male voices as well. We Are Scientists started playing at 9.30 and their set was a bit longer than one hour, so not that long, but they went through all their songs really fast and it was so energetic, that I didn't mind at at all that it didn't last longer and also it gave me enough time to catch the coach from 23.45. So yeah I had a really good time and the coach stopped at Keynes college so i didn't have to walk back home all the way from town. I'm still a bit tired, but managed to sleep pretty well, so everything is okay. Here are some pictures I took. They're pretty good :)



No comments: