Wednesday 30 April 2008

Football

I didn't do much yesterday which was reasonable because the day before I went to Dover, played the laser game and had dinner with my friends, so I was a bit tired yes and could use some rest. During the evening though I had a really nice conversation with Alice on the first floor of the library. She was fed up with her essay and was going to watch a film just for fun. It was really nice to talk to her. Sometimes it's like I have family here, people I can go to and talk about things we struggle with in life, how hard certain things can be. It's nice to have conversations like that with friends. So I enjoyed that a lot. At 8 I went to Heidi;s place to go for a drink in town with her and her friends from Finland who already left early this morning. However, it was raining, the weather was bed, we had to wait for a bus which didn't seem to come anytime soon so we decided to go to the K-bar instead at Keynes college. FC Barcelona was playing against Manchester United so it was crowded, the whole pub was full of people. Heidi had baked a pie earlier, but with normal milk instead of soya. So after a while she started to not feel well, but because her friends already ordered a drink I told her I would stay with them and she could go home. I was actually really happy to be there, because it was fun to watch the match and it's live TV and for me that's so strange, because I still feel so out of contact with the rest of the world while I'm here, so watching the match was like realizing, wow, that whole world still exists. We saw the entire second half. And it was very fun. I'm not such a fan of anything British so I wanted Barcelona to win. But it was so cool to be there, the atmosphere was really nice and every now and then you could hear someone yell: 'good tackle' with a strong British accent, which sounds so cool. Unfortunately Barcelona lost so they won't be going to Moscow. So it will be a British final. I left with Heidi's friends after the match an on our way home, it was still pouring, we ran into Alice who was going home after having finished her film. I went to bed quite early I think and now I'm awake. Alice is going to do another dinner tomorrow and I will help her with her grocery shopping and the cake she will prepare. Enjoy your Wednesday!

No comments: