Sunday 20 April 2008

I Don't Get Scared Of Scary Movies But Still I Would Like To See The Orphanage

Marion will be back today or actually tomorrow, but at 00:15, so very early in the morning. I'm happy she'll be back. This place is not the same without her. I went into town yesterday around 3.30 together with Heidi to do our grocery shopping. At first we wanted to walk, but because it was raining a bit we took the bus. In the bus we met Thomas whom I had not seen in a very long time. So it was nice to see him again and to know how he was doing. Heidi and I then went to the Holland & Barnett shop where I bought some muesli. Walking to Zavvi we passed this stage where there was a small runway show. We stopped for a second to watch what it was all about, but it was nothing spectacular so we walked on and entered the Zavvi. Before that we also went to the post office and looked at some of the DVD's they sell there. At the Zavvi they still have sale just like in the HMV. Seems the two are in a bit of a competition. Strange thing is, however, that some of the DVD's online are priced 3 pounds but when you go and look for them in the shop they are 4, like for instance The Science Of Sleep. However, for all of you who really enjoyed The Prestige like I did or have not seen it yet but want to, it's 3 pounds at the Zavvi, so go get it before it's too late. And for everyone here who doesn't want to spend money but still want to see the film, you can always borrow my copy if you want :) After the Zavvi we went to Tesco and then took the bus back to Park Wood. We both received a message in the bus from Alice asking us if we wanted to join her to watch The Savages in the Gulbenkian. I decided to go, but Heidi was going to maybe read a bit and watch the DVD she bought. So when I got home I ate a piece of bread and then it was already almost time to go. Dennis came to watch the film as well, so we now were three. The film was very good, funny at times but also very sad and it makes you think about what you will do when your own parents will get old. It will be tough when you decide to put them in a nursing home. I really enjoyed Laura Linney's performance who was struggling both with having to put her father away and the rivalry between her and her brother. After the film was over Jasmine, who works at the Gulbenkian, joined us for our walk home. We passed a cat, and she loves cats, though I prefer dogs, just like Dennis and Alice. We were then making fun of Dennis who apparently can get very scared by watching scary movies, because he is the curious type, so he probably won't join us to see The Orphanage when it will play at the cinema. But he actually should, because when you really get scared of those films you can enjoy them the most. I already know I probably won´t get scared, because those films just don´t scare me, just because I know it´s a movie, it isn´t real. So I wish I actually would get really scared from watching a movie like that, because that would be really fun. After standing talking at the salsa corner for a while we then split up and walked home. Dennis was in need of some candy so he took the same path home as Alice just to go to the vending machine at the Park Wood reception. I walked back with Jasmine and when I arrived home played my music real loud and got myself ready for bed. Then when i was about to jump into bed Alice came on MSn asking me if I was still online so we chatted for a while. Apparently she was keeping Jasmine up as well, which she was able to because she finished one of her essays, that´s why she also was able to see The Savages. First we were supposed to see it today. She promised Marion to finish her essay before Marion gets back, so she kept it and finished yesterday. I will now go and eat a kiwi. Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments: