Tuesday 8 January 2008

Birthday Boy

Normally I never really celebrate my birthday, or at least not wit` i?aiting friends or one big party. This time however I wanted to do it differently as I'm here in Canterbury. However I still did not have a big party, which I didn´t mind at all though, because I very much prefer a nice dinner than people standing around with a drink in their hands in a small kitchen that is completely filled with people, most of whom you don´t even know. But I did invite friends. So thank you Marion, Alice and Farhad for all celebrating with me. Even though it was just the four of us, since a lot of people have not yet returned to Park Wood, I had a blast. It was really nice and the first time I cooked for you. I made a pastry with mixed vegetables in it and tuna. Yep, tuna. Fish, yes : ) As not everyone understands that being vegetarian means you don´t eat fish either, I came home for two weeks finding out there was this big pastry waiting for me and especially made for me. And the great thing was that this one didn´t contained chicken but isntead, especially for me, tuna! So i couldnt refuse. The thing is though, maybe it´s better not to call me anything. No vegetarian or any other term. I started not eating meat because I was fed up with it. I still did eat fish, which is also meat, fish are animals as well. But yeah I still ate fish before I came here to Canterbury. But before I went to this place I decided not to eat fish anymore either. Which is not so difficult when you do your own shopping. There isn´t anything I miss. But yes, I still can really enjoy eating fish. The other animals, it would be different. Besides fish i only really like chicken, but right now I´ve reached the point that I know I won´t eat it anymore, just like I don´t eat potatoe chips or crisps or whatever you want to call them. Even if I imagine seeing a piece of chicken in front of me looking all tasty it would not make me eat it. I just won´t, it´s the same as with the potatoe chips. But the main reason I don´t eat meat anymore is because I don´t really like eating it anymore, or at least I prefer eating something else. It´s like the whole idea of why would you eat candy which is bad for you if you can eat some fruit as well, of which i know I would enjoy much more. So in comparison with a lot of vegetarians for me it was never really because of the poor animals and the idea that you should not kill them an eat them. I have no problem with people still eating meat, not at all. Don´t care of you do. Yeah the way some animals are treated is really horrible and to kill them only for us people to consume them is pretty wrong. But it´s not that I really see it as a bad thing as something that is really cruel and I have this idea that you should never ever kill an animal, like you should never kill a human being either, at least not if that person doesn´t want to be killed himself. But anyway, while I´m here I won´t be eating any animal, yesterday was just an exeption. The thing is, I´m still very young. I might eat meat again one day, I might not. But already I have managed to not eat it for a very long time, which is already a great thing. Maybe it´s better for people to just eat less. Again i have no problem with people eating meat, even a lot or when they would say they could not live without eating it. What bothers me more would be the many different kinds you find at the supermarket. All different variations, so many choices. It´s like they completely exploit it. But enough of all this. So I made a pastry with tuna and vegetables and a salad. I also had some fruit, but everyone was already kind of full, so I ate some pieces as well as Alice, but I still have some left which i will eat after dinner tonight. There was also a piece of pastry left and some salad so tonight I won´t have to cook. Yippie! Before coming tohether in my kitchen I was at the library working on my essay. Marion and Alice were there as well. And around 5 I went home to prepare everything. I was kind of afraid the pastry would end up being a failure, but it tasted really good and was just like how my mother makes it. So I´m proud. I can make a pastry all by myself! But then again I´m already 21, so I should actually be able to really cook myself, which i believe I can. Farhad was actually just sleeping when the girls arrived so in the pictures he kind of looks a bit tired. Good thing he was able to get the balloons filled with air, because I tried many times but never succeeded. Like Farhad Alice also managed to do it. Marion never tried cause she doenst like ´em and dont want them to come to close afraid they might pop. It´s so funny and sweet. I really like them, especially for birthdays, they have to be there. I guess it turned out to be a real Danilo birthday, with balloons, birthday hats, finger puppets, fake watches for kids with a game in them and those whistle things taht make a ´toot!´soun : ) Normally I would love to do a thing like this, but my brother would tell me it´s ridiculous and childish. But now I was able to decide all by myself. So on Sunday I saw all these things in Wilkinson and thought, how cool! So fun. So I bought some. Well, enjoy all the pictures. I have to go work on my essay and stuff. Bye bye!

No comments: