Tuesday 29 January 2008

Free Party!

So strange how you sometimes can all of a sudden look like the most popular guy on campus. Just right now, some minutes ago, walking back from the library with Alice, where I went after my seminar, I met Sandra. She had a presentation in 8 minutes so she was in a bit of a hurry. Then Alice left me, going to the sports centre. I walked on and run into Farhad who asked me about last night because I went to The Venue and before I went I met him outside so he asked where I was going. So i said it was fun and it was free so, really cool. Then I run into Jan whow as going to class as well. Than I saw Issa who was going to class and said hi and then Marion who was going to the library to return her books which were already late. And then finally, as if that wasn't enough, I also ran into Patricia. And all of that just from the sports centre until Park Wood. People must think I know almost everyone, which of course is not true. But I do know quite a lot of people. So yes, last night I went to The Venue. It was for free for anyone who was a member of any of the societies. So that was really cool. I ended up paying just 50 p to hand in my bag in which I had put my jacket. Veronique and Alice were already there when I arrived. They played a lot of different styles of music as if they were trying to please everyone from all the different societies. There was this group of guys with long hair, those typical rocker kind of guys who, banged their heads around when Linkin Park and Papa Roach came on. Not typical songs you expect on a night out in The Venue, but as I said, it was as if they tried to please everyone. They played like 3 songs of every genre before heading ov er into the next. So you had 3 R&B typish sonds and then 3 salsa tunes. Only thing I didn't like was that they had these breaks in between with a short performance. First by what i think was the drama society singing a song and then there was a performance of this rap duo who were really bad. I guess there song was called Dangerous. Must have been, because that's all they seemed to be saying. Afterwards they decided to host their own little dancing competition on stage which some people of course saw as the ideal way to show off their skills, which most of them obviously lacked, but I guess most of their friends are afraid of telling them or just want to keep them believing in this illusion, thinking they're the best dancer in the world. One girl was pretty good. But the whole thing lasted way to long and because Veronique didnt feel well we decided to go back home, which was good, because I wanted to leave at 1 am, like we did, but I know that I would have stayed as long as the party went on, because I would have liked to stay as well, even though I was tired. During the afternoon I met up with Euan and Clemenet to watch the casting tape just before I had my meeting with Tamar about my long essay. The hand in date of that one has changed to something like April 7th. So that's a bit earlier than it was first. But I have time so it's not such a big change. And when I came home I cooked a lot of rice which was way better than just one cup, cause soemtimes it didn't end up alright and it was a bit dry or a bit wet :( But now it was perfect. So tonight I don't have to cook. Lucky me! Marya, it was great speaking to you on MSN. Was quite a while since I spoke to you and yes, my dad tells me he sees you and Hakima in the bus very often. I'm glad everything goes okay, that your internship went alright and you wrote your long essay. That's great. I'm just at the beginning of it. Well, that's it for today. Have a nice afternoon and evening!

No comments: