Friday 25 January 2008

Next!

I feel we're finally really getting started with our film now that we're busy doing the casting. Yesterday at 7 pm I was at the Grimond Building together with Euan, Clément, and Claudia, who was so nice to come out and help us. Only two of the seven people ended up confirming they would come. Both were boys, but only one of them Jean-Carlos actually turned up. Luckily Clément had asked Issa and Aina, his housemates to also come and audition for us, so we weren't left empty handed. It was really interesting to all of a sudden be able to ask whatever questions I wanted and to be in such a position of power where I am one of the people deciding who is right for the job and who isn't. But it was also quite difficult, as our film doesn't have any dialogue, so the last time we met up we actually already decided it was going to be more of a casting than a real audition. We actually just need people who look nice on camera, who don't have a very tight schedule and who are able to run a lot. And of course the girl and boy we end up with have to fit nicely together. It's strange though how doing such a casting you all of a sudden also look differently at people. Walking passed Aina and Issa on the street I never really thought like, you have to be in our film, come to the casting! But then when they're actually there you all of a sudden see that they actually do have potential and could very much fit the part. So that kind of opened my eyes. Next week we will be doing another one. This time we will try and get as much people as possible, send e-mails out to everyone around the campus so we have at least like 10 or more people to choose from. But it was a really good test this week and some ideas came up which we could use for next week as well. And maybe it is a good idea to do the casting in pairs, just to see how they work together. In the afternoon, before the casting I once again went to the screening of the course European Cinema: Realisms. Maybe I will go to the lecture one time, if that's possible, because I would like to know what the course is about exactly and why they picked La Règle Du Jeu last week and this week Germania Anno Zero. Again there was almost noone at the Gulbenkian to watch the film, but then again, I heard there aren't so many people doing the course. After the film I went to the library and read some texts. I met Heidi who had bene there since soemthing like 9 o'clock already. She always studies so hard. She's really an inspiration for all of us. I don't think anyone studies so much as she does and is so determined. Around 5 I went home to eat dinner and then afterwards went to do the casting. Today I have another day off. Maybe I will be doing my grocery shopping or go to the library to read and watch, once again, a film. Have already a nice weekend!

No comments: