Sunday 13 January 2008

So Tesco Opens At 12 pm On Sundays, I Forgot :(

Woke up somewhat before 9 am and said to myself, either you can stay in bed, even though you won't fall asleep anymore anyway, or get our right now and do your shopping. I choose for the last option and thus brushed my teeth, took a shower and then hurried to catch the bus from 10:08. Went to Tesco and stood in front of a closed door. Hmm, I thought, maybe by 11 they will open. Fortuantely I also had to go to Holland & Barrett, a shop Heidi told me about once, telling me that you could buy a lot of products for vegetarians. Before I went back home for two weeks I went to the shop and noticed they also had the Jordan muesli package of 1 kg. So today I went to buy that one plus some sausages made of spinach and cheese and a apple sultana bar, which I ate during my walk around the city to pass the time. After 11 I walked passed Tesco again, and still not open. Then I realized they probably would open at 12. Not wanting to wait any longer, I took the bus back to Park Wood at 11.30. It's not that necessary to buy anything, I still have a lot of stuff. So I will go again this other day. I also spotted some All Stars of 20 pounds, though, I did not really like those ones, but maybe they have others as well for the same price. I will go and check it out next time. Yesterday morning I finished my essay, or at least the writing part. I only had to add some footnotes and maybe a couple of citations or use some more examples from the documentaries I've used. Today I'm going to read it again and at the bibliography and then tomorrow I will hand it in. Around 3 pm I went to the library just to have a nice walk and to see Heidi, Alice and Marion. I ended up reading some texts I didn't got the chance to read and added some extra things to my essay. I stayed until closing time and then went home to have dinner. I promised to my mother to keep watching this TV show I always watch when i'm in The Netherlands, so that's what I did next. Some of you might know it, it's called 'Wie Is De Mol?' (Who Is The Mole?). It's this game/puzzle show where there's a group of 10 people who have to do several tasks every week. Doing these tasks they can earn money, which will at the end of the show be handed to the winner. However, in the group there's one mole, a person who is not in the game to win, but to sabotage everything and make sure they don't earn too much money. This person's prize is that he or she is guaranteed to be in the game until the end, which is of course really cool, because the game is really fun! Every week one person of the group is forced to go home, which is decided by a test every person needs to make. Goal of this test is to try and answer as many questions right about the mole. By paying close attention during the tasks you might get an idea of who the mole can possibly be. The questions which have to be answered every week are about the tasks of that same week. The person who answers most questions wrong, has to leave the game and go home. At the end there will be three persons left, one of them is the mole, one of them will be the winner and one of them the loser. So the goal is to try and stay as long as pissble in the game, which can be achieved by answering as many questions right about who you think is the mole and tries to sabotage the whole thing. Nowadays the game is played with Dutch 'celebrities' from the TV, film, and radio world, which is nice, even though at first when the game was played with just some random people it was really fun as well, as you ended up getting to know these people just as much you get to know these 'celebritites' some of which a lot of people don't really know either. Well have a nice Sunday everyone, I'm going to get a bit of rest. Myabe tonight I will go to the cinema to watch Blame It On Fidel, but I'm not quite sure yet. I can still go tomorrow.

No comments: