Monday 28 January 2008

A Sunday Smile

Like Saturday the night was more interesting than the day. I only went to the library for just a bit to give Marion her book and read some articles. Clément had told me in an email before he maybe wanted to go into town to attend the monthly social of the Film Society at the Orange Street Music Club. I said I would come if he would go, but if not I would go to the Gulbenkian to watch the film The Band's Visit. Eventually we ended up doing both. I met Claudia, Aina and Clément at the Gulbenkian and after Claudia, Clément and I went into town. We had to wait quite a while for the bus to arrive. I don't think there is any unibus going into town on Sundays. But there was this other bus, which was only one pound. Not expensive at all, so we decided to take that one. Like last time I was at the social, again it seemed the social isn't really about socializing. Maybe it is, but a lot of people stay with their own group of people they know. I don't really like it either that there aren't so many people so everytime you walk into the room you feel as if everyone is looking at you thinking: and who are they? Well, we're film society members as well. But the whole atmosphere is kind of cold. It was cool though that Euan was there as well. Always fun to see him and today we're going to watch the tape we made during the casting together at 1 pm at the Gulbenkian. Another thing I don't like is that they maybe show like three short films, but in between there are these long breaks and noone, it seems, really knows what's goign to come. What will be shown and why. I feel it isn't very well organized and sometimes I'm thinking that this is more of a monthly meeting of the president with some of her friends, which the rest of the society members are welcome to attend as well, than that it really is a meeting between all of us. The place however is really cool. And indeed like Claudia said, they should serve food as well. The place would make a really nice restaurant or at least, a bar where you can also have a bite instead of just a drink. They showed a trailer and a documentary, which seemed really interesting, but after having already watched The Band's Visit earlier I couldn't really manage to pay any attention anymore at this point. So we ended up leaving early. But it was okay, because we still had enough time to catch the bus back home so we didn't have to walk all the way back home. Today I have my screening and before at 2 I will meet Tamar to speak about my long essay. Tonight I probably be at The Venue, it is said to be free for everyone who joined any of the societies. I'm thinking about not staying until too late though, because Tuesday morning I will be having my seminar and I feel already a bit tired right now, so i don't want to make it worse. And I'm gonna draw on Wednesday cause I joined the art society! Bye.

No comments: