Thursday 24 January 2008

Next Time A More Upbeat Film

Today will be the day for our audition/casting for our film. It will be around 7 in Grimond Lecture Building, so anyone reading this who might be interested. Just come along! So I'm very excited about all this and that's why I met up with Euan and Clément yesterday at the Gulbenkian to have a little talk about what exactly we are going to do and how long it will be. I never been the one to decide who will be chosen, so it's really cool this time to be on the other side of the table, just sitting comfortably while judging everyone who appears in front of me. Normally I'm the one getting judged. There will be a camera as well to record everyhting so we can watch everything afterwards in case we forget how everyone looks again and how they did. After our little meeting Clément and I went to the library to read. We went to the fourth floor, but just before the computerroom. I actually had never been there an didn't know there was this row of tables in the back. Normally when you just walk by to walk into the computerroom you don't notice how far back the room goes. So now I know another nice place to study. I also spoke briefly to Alice when I went into the computerroom to check my e-mail. Farhad was also there and told me he was busy with an essay. There was a course he decided not to finish, but because he already did 60% of the course, the course leader told him he should just try and finish it, also because he could still hand in the essay on Friday. So now he thought like, why not just try and finish it. He doesn't really need to points for the course, but to have some extra is never a bad thing. Around 4.30 I decided to watch a film in the library and chose Michael Haneke's Funny Games. Finally after seeing La Pianiste and Caché I got to see this one. I think next time though I will see a more upbeat film, because Irréversible and Oldboy weren't the most happiest either. But Funny Games was very good and really interesting. It can be hard for some to sit through maybe and overall it also feels a bit strange. But I like the whole suspenseful feeling it creates. It's alot of torture, but it really shows how weird it actually is we as people watch films containing violence to entertain us. Funny Games really takes away all the pleasure that you might find in watching films with a lot of bloody scenes. Afterwards I went home to have dinner and that was already the end of my day. I will now take a shower and I also have to pay for my accommodation still, so I need to do that as well. Have a nice Thursday!

No comments: