Monday 14 January 2008

Start Of Spring Term

I'm going to the library in just a couple of minutes to find a computer, print my essay, hand it in and then go back to read some books for my new course which starts today and is called Female Performance In World Cinema and focuses on the relationship between director and actress. Sounds pretty interesting to me, so I can't wait to start this new course. We have a vieweing today at 4, which lasts untul 6pm. I have no idea which movie we're going to see, but I bet one you could call a real classic, or one that is at least considered pretty important. Hopefully it won't be a film I have already seen, even though if it's a really good one I would not mind seeing it again of course. Yesterday I went to Tesco, but it was closed like I mentioned in one of my last posts. I will go back another time. Maybe I'll check for some new All Starts as well, love those shoes and I'm in need of some new ones, but even though they're less expensive than most shoes, I still find 50 euros a lot of money. Hopefully they have some nice ones for sale. During the evening I decided to go to the cinema to watch La Faute à Fidel!, which was really nice, nothing great, but a very sweet, touching and funny story about this little girl who happens to confuse everything she hears and gets caught up in ther parents' political ideas. A lot of people in the audience, like me, seemed to really like it. It kind of reminded me of Goodbye Lenin!, the whole atmosphere of it, or at least it's that kind of film, which is just carried out really well, but doesn't bring anything which really makes you go 'wow!'. The little girl who played Anna, the main character was brilliant. She really portrayed her role very well and was very endeering. Really nice to see such a little girl do such a good job. So yeah, today's the start of the new term. This one course I have today is my only one, besides the long essay one. Have a nice day everyone!

No comments: