Tuesday 15 January 2008

Busy Start Of The Week

Such a busy today yesterday, but that's what I like. That's why I made it even busier by deciding to go to Tesco after my screening from Female Performance In World Cinema. I went to hand in my essay after reading it again and then printing it. The library was already pretty crowded when I came in and when i went to put some money into my printeraccount I even had to put my notebook on the desk in front of the computer I used in order to make sure noone would walk by and take my place. Also I left my account on so everyone walking by would know it was still in use by someone else. When you think about it it's not that fair. For days there hasn't been anyone, or at least almost anyone, but me Heidi, Marion, Alice and some others. So then when it's all crowded all of a sjudden you feel like you at least have earned a spot by being in the library almost every day, while all these other people weren't. And now they are kind of taking our place. So not cool, but what can you do about it? After handing in my essay I went back to read and then around 12.45 went to the Gulbenkian to have lunch with Marion, Alice and Clement. However, it turned out the meetind should have taken place at the reception and not in the Gulbenkian. I had been able to check my mail again at the library, after I saw noone at the Gulbenkian. Then after reading this I figured everyone was still on their way walking to the Gulbenkian and went back. Then when I took a seat after none was there, Marion walked in and a bit later Clement, whom I had not seen yet since he returned Sunday morning. I was really happy to see him again. Like Alice and Patricia, my housemate, he also cut his hair. I guess I'm one of the few who is going to let it keep on growing until i'm really fed up with it : ) Alice joined us after a couple of minutes as well. I had a Greek salad, Clement a salad with chicken and Alice and Marion had two panini's. Afterwards Clement went back to the library to read his essay, which he had to hand in and Alice, Marion and I went to the Film Studies Office. Alice had to hand in her essay and I went to pick up the presentation assignment of Documentary Film for which i was graded a 63%. Marion and Alice then went into town to do shopping and I went back to the library to read and then afterwards go to my screening. They were going to show Psycho and at first i was a bit dissapointed because I had hoped for a film which I had not already seen. But after a while I figured, why not, it's always nice to see a good movie again. And actually it turned out to be even better, 'cause I was able to refresh my memory, which turned out was actually in some need of refreshing. I had already forgotten a bit about the exact ending of the story and my enjoyment of Anthony Perkins' performance was even bigger this time, I can see why marion likes him and the movie so much. The screening took until some minutes before 6pm. So afterwards I took the unibus into town and did my shopping. I ate sushi as dinner together with some pasta with pesto and then around 9 I went to the reception to meet up with Marion and Alice. Alice had forgotten to e-mail Clement about the time of the meeting, because she tought Marion was going to tell him, which according to Marion, she had thought wrong. Alice then called Clement to ask if he would join us at the K-bar, but eventually he didn't anymore. Jan was with us as well and Sandra called me to say she was already at the K-bar, which was the reason we also went there. It was nice to see Jan again who went snowboarding and Sandra who went to Korea to meet up with her boyfriend. We had a nice chat and Alice started to get us to play some silly games. And then Sandra and Jan also came up with some, which have to be even more fun when you are drunk. After we walked home and I returned Jan a big with stuff I had took with me the day I went home to Canterbury after our time in London. Because his bag would have been too full otherwise I took the stuff with me and kept it safe for him. So now in a couple of minutes I will go to my first seminar It's from 9.30 until 11.15. Afterwards I go the library to study. By bye!

No comments: