Saturday 26 January 2008

No Regrets

It has been nice at my house lately. There's this really nice atmosphere and I've been talking to Farhad and Patricia a lot. I did net end up going to yesterday's party at house number 19, but I'm sure it must have been good. I heard a lot of people. Last night around 4 am, I was waken up, not sure if it was because of them or something else, but there were some crazy British people two of them very annoying, screaming and being very loud. Not cool at all. Fortunately it didn't last too long and I managed to sleep through it. Tonight Veronique will throw a party to celebrate the new year and the coming of her new housemates, I'm looking forward to that party, so I'll be there. Last time I was there it was relaly nice. The party was in the kitchen with not much space, but I kind of like that. At least the entire floor is then completely filled. We have to throw our own party in our house once. Would be cool. I saw another film by director Kim Ki-Duk yesterday. I watched Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... And Spring. It was my fourth Ki-Duk film. I really liked it, but still Bin-Jip is my favourite with Samaritan Girl coming in second. I also did a bit of reading and wrote some thoughts down for my long essay. Before i went to see the movie I walked into Heidi and Marion on the stairs. I had not seen Marion for quite a while already. So it's definitely time to meet up again. But with the start of this new term everyone is really busy again having different timetables and everything. After the film I went to do my shopping at Tesco for the upcoming week. I was in the mood to go into town and I needed some stuff, so that's why I decided to not wait until Monday, but just go now. And it's actually better, because the last two times I went on Monday after class almost all the juices were already gone, or at least the ones like. I think the brand is calles Copella. Tastes good. So today it's another day just like any other. I really felt as if yesterday was already Saturday. It's really because I don't have any other seminars or lectures to attend. Everyone says I'm so lucky with this timetable and I like it having a lot of time, but I would actually prefer having another course with a seminar or lecture. Then I at least have something to really go to. It's nice at the library but at the moment I really don't have any reason to go there. I only go to get out of the house, be around a lot of people and watch a film. Even though watching the films I have done by myself as well. And it's too bad I don't have seminars or lectures with the others, which of course we knew before. But I don't regret that or anything, because I really wanted to do this Female Performance course, even though I could have chosen to do Topics In American Cinema. But I really din't want to do that one, because I felt it looked too much like the history of cinema class i already did in Amsterdam. And this Female Performance course is really something else, it's really specific. Really all about the way an actress portrays a character and the meaning this gives to the film. It's like when you would do a course totally centered on sound or editing or mise-en-scene. In Amsterdam you don't really find those classes, it's more theoretical I feel. This is a lot of analyzing, which i really like. In Amsterdam we had one course with the focus on analyzing, but that immediately included most of the things, like mise-en-scene, cinematography etc. But then just bits and pieces of everything. I really liked that class, but I like that here you really have those film classes. At my university most are still also very related to media and how the media portrays people, things like that. Well, enjoy this Saturday. I heard it has been raining a lot there on the other side of the sea. Here the weather is dry and it isn't that cold at all.

No comments: