Thursday 31 January 2008

I'm An Artist

I couldn't really sleep last night. Though I kept envisioning things, which make it seem as if I had been dreaming, but I don't think I did really. Luckily I don't feel too tired at the moment. I just spoke to Marion who came by to give me back the DVD's she had borrowed. It was nice to see her again since we had not been able to really talk the last couple of days. Everyone is so busy with their classes ad other things this new term. Yesterday I went to the first life drawing session and I have to see it was great. Very inspiring and relaxing. It was with a real model and I guess it takes lots of guts to sit there completely naked in front of people you have never seen before and don't know at all. The teacher is really nice and encouraging. If you don't believe in your own work than he will. It's great, 'cuase it shows that there is always someone who will be interested in your work. You might think it's rubbish, but someone else might totally love it. It was also very nice to see all the other people's work, their own style and the way they look at things. Because everyone looks at the same girl, the same body, but we all draw different things. Afterwards i walked back home with Clement and Claudia who took the class together with me. Because I already ran out of muesli I then went into town to do a bit of shopping at Tesco. Before going to the life drawing session i spent some time in the library watching part of Irreversible and writing down some things. This evening we will be doing another casting and this afternoon I will go to the lecture of Topics In American Cinema, where they will also show Roman Polanski's Chinatown, which i have never seen before, so I'm pretty excited. Have a cool day everyone. And indeed, it's stormy weather here as well, not just in The Netherlands apparently. Gone is the sunshine of yesterday.

No comments: